cc: Space Plane

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does that bird have Elmer's Fill-N-Finish on it?????

I was thinking the same thing.

On my I avoided filling in things. opting to sand more off to get the grain down. Also added an airfoil on the LE/TEs.

Am varying from the standard finish to go with white & blue (instead of black). Am hoping the decals on the stabs will show up a bit better.

Oh yea, I'm a bit slow at times, but finally just noticed the spin tabs on the wing pattern sheet. Sheeesh . . .

Yeah, Chan, I'm working from those plans. Unforunately it's all viewed from the left side.

But, I'm good to go now thanks to Bob.

I was thinking the same thing.

Oh yea, I'm a bit slow at times, but finally just noticed the spin tabs on the wing pattern sheet. Sheeesh . . .

I was wondering how you could have had those instructions and not figured out the spin tabs. You're way too good a builder to not understand the concept. Brain farts, however, are a natural phenomenon all of us are plagued by from time to time.

Yea, brain farts - brain cramps, whatever you want to call them. I had them then.

I finished this one up, but it's been too humid here lately to paint outside. Hopefully will get a chance to soon. I'll put one coat of primer and sand it mostly off, then add the paint and sand it down with 400-600 grit to keep the weight down.

Also found a Starlight Sparrow yesterday at a LHS. They're starting to carry them, so I'll finish that up this weekend as well. Did some mods on that. Won't attach the n/c as stated in the first step as I'll drill it to add weight if needed.

Back