Cats or Dogs?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cats or Dogs?

• Total voters
Otherwise, the domestic cat just lays a flesh wound into you. From the ear to the ankle.
To be fair, a cat bite will nearly always become infected, so it's a good idea to get cat bites seen by a medical professional as soon as possible. My mother in law (who loves her cats dearly) nearly lost a finger to infection from a bite suffered while trying to break up a cat fight.

One of my relatives once had to go to the ER because of a cat bite.

One of my relatives once had to go to the ER because of a cat bite.
My wife also got a nasty scar from getting involved in a fight between an otherwise friendly golden retriever and the neighbor dog.

Pitbull damage:
lorrie-george-pit-bull-injuries-blog.jpg

I just mean that a cat doesn’t energetically greet you. The dog is into you the cat makes you it’s slave.
You obviously have no experience with cats. Mine follows me everywhere and is WAY more affectionate than the three dogs I have had... Mine is also a great judge of character, he bites all bald people. :)

I'm pretty sure that Brehos110 is just Yukon the Lame-9 on a second account!

You obviously have no experience with cats. Mine follows me everywhere

I'm pretty sure that Brehos110 is just Yukon the Lame-9 on a second account!

lucky you! I’m glad your cat likes you. All the cats I have met were not more affectionate than dogs.

Last edited:
You must have had a messed up dog experience.
I figure after 3 different breeds and temperament (Cocker, Springer and Lab) I'd have a pretty decent sample size. I won't say they were "bad", but they paled in comparison to my cat. Neighbor's dogs are also rejects... just poop on lawns, dig under fence.

Or a beloved dog who died gives both me and Yukon k-9 and me a different perspective.

We have 2 dogs and 3 cats. 2 of the cats are jerks, the other one is cool.

He will fetch tinfoil balls for hours.

We also play "Binky" Binky is a little toy mouse, about as old as he is, about 10 years.
He brings it to us in the morning, we hide it, he then searches for it.
Once found, he walks around the rest of the day making sounds with it in his mouth 😂

Repeat next morning, it's a trip LOL

Last edited:
I figure after 3 different breeds and temperament (Cocker, Springer and Lab) I'd have a pretty decent sample size. I won't say they were "bad", but they paled in comparison to my cat. Neighbor's dogs are also rejects... just poop on lawns, dig under fence.

Only three?

I grew up with a short hair chihuahua/Toy Manchester cross. My wife grew up with some kind of a shepherd mix.
Since we've been married, we've had (or have), an Akita, Husky, dalmation/boxer mix, Akita/Lab mix, Pug/Beagle/Lhasa Apso mix, longhair chihuahua, Rottweiler/Doberman mix, and a German Shepherd. All great. Almost all were rescues. Some needed more training than others. While there are some dogs that can't be retrained, the bulk of people who have had bad experiences owning dogs (that I have met) have often been failures in knowledge, time, and training. Good dogs rarely just happen magically (though some breeds are definitely more low maintenance than others). If all you want to do is feed them and clean up after them, then get a cat (I like cats, we have three). But if people are too busy to take the time to train a dog and learn their needs, especially for large dogs and "high maintenance" dogs, then cats are superior.

To be fair, a cat bite will nearly always become infected, so it's a good idea to get cat bites seen by a medical professional as soon as possible. My mother in law (who loves her cats dearly) nearly lost a finger to infection from a bite suffered while trying to break up a cat fight.
I'm sorry, but I must call shenanigans on this post. I have been bitten by cats many a time, having been around them since the age of 8 or so. Never once have I had an infected cat bite. Not once. Unless you can show some reliable source, I'd say it's cat-shaming from an ailurophobe.

I'm sorry, but I must call shenanigans on this post. I have been bitten by cats many a time, having been around them since the age of 8 or so. Never once have I had an infected cat bite. Not once. Unless you can show some reliable source, I'd say it's cat-shaming from an ailurophobe.
My original source was a friend who is a nurse practitioner in an emergency department. VCA agrees too though. Maybe your bites weren’t all that deep or you have a superhuman immune system?

https://vcahospitals.com/know-your-pet/wounds-cat-bite-injuries-to-humans

My original source was a friend who is a nurse practitioner in an emergency department. VCA agrees too though. Maybe your bites weren’t all that deep or you have a superhuman immune system?

https://vcahospitals.com/know-your-pet/wounds-cat-bite-injuries-to-humans
I've had shallow bites and deep bites. Always followed the advice, "The solution to pollution is dilution" and let any puncture wounds bleed a bit before cleaning them up and stopping the bleeding.

Is there a similar study on dog bites? I'd like to see the comparison.

I've had shallow bites and deep bites. Always followed the advice, "The solution to pollution is dilution" and let any puncture wounds bleed a bit before cleaning them up and stopping the bleeding.

Is there a similar study on dog bites? I'd like to see the comparison.
So, I did a bit of Googling. Looks like infections are 10 to 15% likely when a dog bites, compared to 50% likely when cats bite. However, the dog bite rate is 4.5 million people bitten per year in the US, compared to 400,000 people bitten by cats per year in the US. That means, best case scenario, that more people get infected from dog bites in the US per year than are bitten by cats.

Sources:
https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/animal-bites
https://www.healthline.com/health/animal-bite-infections

Back