Can you name this rocket?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

airwolfe1

Reaction score
I was going through some 20 year old photos from my mother and came across this one. I don't have any information about it. Anyone care to take a stab at identifying it?

Thanks Nerull that was fast.

Anyone know if there is one on display somewhere in Florida I think my mom had been on a visit to FL when this was taken because this pic was mixed in with some of those FL pics.

Originally posted by airwolfe1

Anyone know if there is one on display somewhere in Florida I think my mom had been on a visit to FL when this was taken because this pic was mixed in with some of those FL pics.

It's here at the Cape...

https://www.robsv.com/cape/c9lv.html

The Navaho missile shown in the picture was at the Air Force Space & Missile Museum. This missile is the only Navaho in existence, being the only surviving missile of the six that remained when the project was cancelled. It has since been refurbished and moved to Gate 1.

Some pix of the refurb- https://www.aeroconsystems.com/Navaho.htm

My faith remains in the cumulative BORG intelligence of TRF!!!

I don't have any information about it. Anyone care to take a stab at identifying it?
I was going to guess "Bob".

My faith remains in the cumulative BORG intelligence of TRF!!!

Never ceases to amaze me, you went from “what the heck is this… to where to visit it” in an hour.!:D

Ya know...when my son asks a question that I think he could find the answer to with just a little effort, I reply, " Look it up!" Do you think there's a little hypocrisy here on my part?

Actually Airwolfe:
the designation is XSM-64 Navaho and the photo you showed is of the last remaining example just recently refurbished and now back on display at the Cape. A very important historic part of our entire Space flight program as well as one of the coolest looking vehicles built:D. Here's what she looks like now.

Hope this helps

Latest posts

Back