Calvin&Hobbes 2 Stage High power Rocket for URRF

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Primes The sustainer

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1402171780.279320.jpg

I have no idea what happened here!!!!!!!!!!

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1402171819.577869.jpg

I sense sanding in my future:(:(:(:(

Sent from my iPod touch using Rocketry Forum

Sadly it looks like I'm not going to be able to fly this at URRF:(:( I woke up this morning before school to test out the electronics and switches one last time however I guess it was too early for one of my Eggtimers that didn't want to cooperate. when I turn it on I am not getting the light or any beeping. I tried to flash update it but that didn't solve the problem!!! I am basically stuck in a rut until I get this working because I don't have any more electronics. Hopefully I can get it working again but I have a feeling it is dead:(:(:(.. I will try to contact Cris but I have asked him so many questions already and don't have time to send It to him.

Sadly it looks like I'm not going to be able to fly this at URRF:(:( I woke up this morning before school to test out the electronics and switches one last time however I guess it was too early for one of my Eggtimers that didn't want to cooperate. when I turn it on I am not getting the light or any beeping. I tried to flash update it but that didn't solve the problem!!! I am basically stuck in a rut until I get this working because I don't have any more electronics. Hopefully I can get it working again but I have a feeling it is dead:(:(:(.. I will try to contact Cris but I have asked him so many questions already and don't have time to send It to him.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is Terrible...

guys+imagine+the+feeling+when+you+put+few+lemon+drops+_d236f5053283f505b161b97c90aa1af1.jpg

Oh no!!!!!
That stinks so bad!! I sure hope you get it working, how's the paint coming?

Nate

ordered the white today. am going to have to do a lot of sanding and filling this weekend to get rid of the cracks.

maybe someone will be willing to lend me an altimeter at URRF to have this bird fly if I don't get mine fixed

The build is back on for URRF.

I would like to give a huge shout out to Cerving for the great customer support. He is sending me another eggtimer gratis. He has a great product and replys to your emails fast. Anytime I had a problem with one of them ( which was often:)) he would be able to solve the problem pronto. Thank you Cris.

Finishing up the sustainer EBay.

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1402525505.915785.jpg
ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1402525521.776051.jpg
ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1402525611.447396.jpg

Going to get the ejection charge tests done this weekend. Then paint.

Attachments

• executioner_wrinkles1.jpg
    executioner_wrinkles1.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 114
  • executioner_wrinkles2.jpg
    executioner_wrinkles2.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 122
  • executioner_wrinkles3.jpg
    executioner_wrinkles3.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 121
  • executioner_wrinkles4.jpg
    executioner_wrinkles4.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 115
ya it sucks I have sanded most of it out but also picked up some filler/primer to fill in the rest. Yours seem even worse! i am going to have to google it to see what happened.

ya it sucks I have sanded most of it out but also picked up some filler/primer to fill in the rest. Yours seem even worse! i am going to have to google it to see what happened.

Let me know if you figure it out. I even contacted Rustoleum, and they couldn't help me.

Well got my nose one from LOC today but instead if the 3" I ordered I received a 2.6" cone!!!!! I'm am going to be cutting it really close!!!!

Well got my nose one from LOC today but instead if the 3" I ordered I received a 2.6" cone!!!!! I'm am going to be cutting it really close!!!!

Did you order it directly through them? It sounds weird.

Yes off their website. The receipt said I ordered a 3" nose cone but the one I got for on my 2.56" rocket.

Yes off their website. The receipt said I ordered a 3" nose cone but the one I got for on my 2.56" rocket.

Huh, that's weird. Have you talked to them about replacing it? I think they would.

I sent them an email.

While waiting for a reply about the nose one I finished the sustainer AV bay.

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1402694425.886353.jpg
ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1402694438.585262.jpg

My dad was also nice enough to drive 30 mom to get my black powder so I can do my ejection charge tests this weekend.

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1402694500.476972.jpg

I got the igniters from Blackjack2564 today and man are the awesome:)

Gt 2 of the ejection charge tests done. Got an email saying hat they were going to ship out the replacement nosecone on Monday and I will finish up this week for paint.

Will post videos later.

Gt 2 of the ejection charge tests done. Got an email saying hat they were going to ship out the replacement nosecone on Monday and I will finish up this week for paint.

Will post videos later.
Man! You are really going to be cutting it close!

[video=youtube;cGfcGDTRVRo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGfcGDTRVRo[/video]

[video=youtube;yN3dSZI9JJk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yN3dSZI9JJk[/video]

got my 3'' nosecone today. cut off the bottom part so I can make my detachable tracker sled. Also was able to get the booster primed and ready for paint this weekend. Will prime the rest this weekend as well:) This is going to be hard to finish with all of my final exams this week but I think I will pull through even if that means I have to put the decals on in the car and clear coat it I my hotel shower:):)

got my 3'' nosecone today. cut off the bottom part so I can make my detachable tracker sled. Also was able to get the booster primed and ready for paint this weekend. Will prime the rest this weekend as well:) This is going to be hard to finish with all of my final exams this week but I think I will pull through even if that means I have to put the decals on in the car and clear coat it I my hotel shower:):)
Wow, You are still in school? I finished a week ago... either way, I think you should be able to get it done.

Back