CA problems

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jj94

Reaction score
Alright, so I've been doing some work and I got CA on my older basketball shorts. Is there anything I can do to get the dried CA out?

Hmm acetone dissolves ca but i don't think it's good for clothes.

I do not think acetone will hurt cotton, but I have not idea about polyester.

Hmm. I forgot to mention that it's 100% polyester. Will something like Goo Gone work?

Having a software engineering background, sartorial elegance is something other people exhibit. Glue stains on clothes don't really bother me, unless they're embarassingly located (Hmmm, shorts, could be). The only irritation is loss of flexibility, but you can usually fix that with a hammer...

Having a software engineering background, sartorial elegance is something other people exhibit. Glue stains on clothes don't really bother me, unless they're embarassingly located (Hmmm, shorts, could be). The only irritation is loss of flexibility, but you can usually fix that with a hammer...

It looks like I lost my control for a split second for when I really had to go.:rotflol:

Isn't it the fashion to have dirty , rotten, torn, faded, thread bare, worn out out clothes ?:D :D Just put super glue all over the rest of your shorts at least it will match. But seriously try some superglue debonder. I have had some success when I got it on my tie at work.

Remove the shorts prior to striking the glue spot with any blunt force trauma.

I would be grateful that the glue didn't make it completely through the shorts and adhere something to the backside of the material. :p

I think these shorts should be retired from usage as clothing. They sound like a wonderful payload, if you have a rocket with a big enough compartment. :D

BTW, this thread is worthless without pictures. ;)

Is that a glue stain on your shorts or are you just happy to see me?

Oh...I'm sorry did I just say that out loud?:eek:

I would be grateful that the glue didn't make it completely through the shorts and adhere something to the backside of the material. :p

I think these shorts should be retired from usage as clothing. They sound like a wonderful payload, if you have a rocket with a big enough compartment. :D

BTW, this thread is worthless without pictures. ;)

Sorry can't do pics. My camera's messed up. It's not even that old, maybe four years at the most. Time for a new one...some day now.

If debonder doesn't work, I've had fairly good luck getting glue out by simply working the fabric back and forth to 'crack' and break the cloth fibers apart and crumble the glue itself into small particles that work loose and finally seperate from the fibers. Sorta like 'work hardening' a piece of wire by bending it back and forth until it breaks...

It may leave a residual 'spot' where the dye interacted chemically with the glue but the fabric should return to almost completely normal... :) FWIW:)

I await the inevitable jokes about how to 'work the fabric back and forth :p

OL JR :)

Back