CA Adhesive

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i saw this on amazon.. i've seen alot of talk about BSI products... and found them here : https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082VLWQC...BEE877B081B6ED4CA586CF7D0146A67DEABFC4F2&th=1

is this a good price, and since i'm just starting out is there anything else i might get for my Zephyr build?

thanks in advance,

r-
View attachment 622103
CA is a bad choice for assembling high power rockets due to its brittleness. Zephyr is paper and wood, right? You should be fine with Titebond II or III wood glue. If you want, you can also use epoxy, but it's not really necessary for most paper and wood rockets.

CA is a bad choice for assembling high power rockets due to its brittleness. Zephyr is paper and wood, right? You should be fine with Titebond II or III wood glue. If you want, you can also use epoxy, but it's not really necessary for most paper and wood rockets.

Correct, no need for epoxy, but the OP was asking about CA products so I mentioned the ones I use.

Correct, no need for epoxy, but the OP was asking about CA products so I mentioned the ones I use.
specifically in the Zephyr videos 2 different types of CA glue are used to TACK prior to using epoxy. both thick, and thin. I'll be following the videos exactly.., which use epoxy for building. The Zephyr videos were made to

in the OP, i was specifically asking about the BSI products as they are bundled for about 47 bucks on amazon. (thin, med, thick, accelerator, and several tips.

r-

DARN.... anyway.... 3rd sentence....

The Zephyr videos were made to help rocketeers build, fly, and recover a rocket that can be launched again.

Tim uses CA starting in video 1 tacking the MMT together prior to epoxing .

r-

I'm not going to fault a beginner for wanting to follow instructions exactly, but as you get experience you'll start to see where you can safely take a few shortcuts and come up with your own building techniques. It's part of the fun.

Good luck with your build and eventual flight.

Latest posts

Back