BT-100 body tubes???

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flash

Reaction score
Can any one help me find someone that sells BT-100 body tubes? I use to get my tubes from KosRox but he is going out of busness. This tube is need for the 1/70 scale Saturn 1B.

Total Tubular doesn't make this size.

Any help would be great,
Thanks!!!

How many do you need?

I believe it is also used to clone an Estes Mars Lander.

sandman

Would a LOC 3.9" Airframe Tube work? Might be off size a tad, and a bit heavier, but better than nothing...

The BT-100 is 3.744" O.D.

The BT-101 is 3.938" O.D.

I have some pieces...that's all.

Yes it is used on the Mars Lander as well as the 1/70th Saturn 1B

sandman

Then it's the BT-101 for the Sat V, and the links I gave are for 101s. Didn't the 1/70 Sat 1B use both a BT-100 and a BT101?
DT

The BT 100 is 3.702 x 3.744. It is used in the Estes Saturn 1B K-29 kit along with the BT-101 for the lower tube below the tanks. I know the "Launch Pad" mid-power rocket company uses this tube in one of their kits but it takes 90 to 120 days to get a tube out of them. KosRox use to supply this tube but now they are going out of Busness. Custom tubes can make one at 3.700 x 3.572 which will work but they want you to buy $100.00 worth at a time. I was hoping that Damain at KosRox would tell where he got his tubes from since he was going out of Busness but I can't get a reply from him on this subject. Total Tubular makes a BT 50+ which is really the BT 51 fuel tank tube for the 1B but they don't make the BT 100. I guess we could get a heavier tube from Apogee if need be and the cost would be on the high side.

I have what I need now, I was just looking into the future.
Again, does anyone know where we can get this tube at a reasonable price?

Thank you

Flash

I am going to try to put out either a kit or maybe just a "tube pack" for the 1/70th Saturn 1B. It probably won't be until after the new year though.

How many of you on the forum would be interested?

You could try doing as John Pursley does -- he rolls his larger, non-standard tubes out of 1/64" plywood... there was an article about this in a recent SR.

What about using a full-length Rocket R&D 3.9" tube? Seems it would be 3.9" OD, but a little thick... hey the Saturns WERE clusters ;)

HTH.

ok, let me get a feel for the forum and i'll try to translate that into overall volume....

how many folks would be interested in the BT101 and is this something you would consider purchasing on a regular basis (say 1-2 times a year)?

Jim,

I hope you meant a BT-100!

NOT a BT-101...those are available.

Get it straight...don't get stuck with a whole bunch of tubes ya can't unload!

sandman

I will rephrase my statement:

How many of you on the forum would be interested in buying a
1/70 Saturn 1B kit or at least a "tube pack" with all the hard to get tubes?

Originally posted by lamart72
How many of you on the forum would be interested in buying a
1/70 Saturn 1B kit or at least a "tube pack" with all the hard to get tubes?

What kind of price are we talking about here?

I guess know one knows where we can get the BT 100 tube without buying 100 tubes at a time from custom tubes for $105.00, correct???

Apogee charged me $25.00 for one tube to the Saturn V. I am afraid to ask about this tube which would be less but still high.

I think I would be able to sell the tube pack for about $35-$40. The kit would be more.
One of the issues I am working on with my 4 engine cluster prototype is the fact that the ejection charge is much stronger than it used to be, and the fact that the BT63 tube is an odd size. What I did is use a BT60 instead of the original BT50 for the main motor tube. I wrapped a slit piece of BT60 around it and the result is the same outer diameter as a BT63. The fuel tank tubes go around this as in the original. There is less of a chance of blowing the engine mount assembly off of the motor tube this way since the BT60 is larger and less restrictive. Maybe the purists would want the tubes very close to original. I am modifying my version for ease of assembly and economics.
I also have a single 29mm (or 24mm) version that I will be testing at the same time.
It's funny, but I have had alot of fun just doing the research and designing of this kit!! I can't wait to fly it!
Then there's nose cones, tower assemblies, decals, etc...............

Flash,
I bought 3 from KosRox a few years ago for my ongoing MarsLander, and still have 2 as spares. I will be happy to part with one if you can use it. let me know.

Mark

OUCH! $
35 or 40.00 bucks for a tube pack... I recently (last 4 months) purchased a 1/70 Saturn-1b original kit of 35.00.. I have 3 now...
personally that that price seems WAY High.
I have 20 36" BT-101 tubes so I think I'm stocked for my lifetime:)

Back