Bruce

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have talked with Sheryl and not much has changed. He was temporarily removed from one of the machines which resulted in a rapid rise in BP, so they hooked him back up. On the good side, he immediately reacted to this, which the doctors did not expect. They say that this is a very good sign, so.... :)

I will post more a s it becomes available.

Jim

Have talked with Sheryl and not much has changed. He was temporarily removed from one of the machines which resulted in a rapid rise in BP, so they hooked him back up. On the good side, he immediately reacted to this, which the doctors did not expect. They say that this is a very good sign, so.... :)

I will post more a s it becomes available.

Jim
Rapid rise in black powder? What do you mean?
:p

Hope he gets well soon! I NEED MY SEMROC!!!

Thoughts and prayers with Bruce. Is there anything we can do to help at least get the domain re-registered and get the site back on line? I noticed this evening the domain expired yesterday. However it is still parked with GoDaddy. What can we do to help get the domain back up?

Thoughts and prayers with Bruce. Is there anything we can do to help at least get the domain re-registered and get the site back on line? I noticed this evening the domain expired yesterday. However it is still parked with GoDaddy. What can we do to help get the domain back up?

Jim Flis is helping Sheryl with the expired domain. According to Jim's posts, the paperwork has been submitted but it takes a few days for it to be processed.

We should be all set on the SEMROC domain. I would hope to have an update by the end of the week (nothing today as it's a holiday)

Keep watch :)

Latest from Sheryl. Not good.

Bruce's condition has taken a bit of a down turn, a complexity of events...

His blood was clotting too quickly and having an impact on the various machines hooked up to him. As a result, they gave him a blood thinner. This uncovered a new, and unexpected problem, and he is now bleeding into his stomach. They are now trying to balance the thinners to stop the bleeding while being able to keep the machines running smoothly. A delicate balancing act.

Additionally, he has not been getting the necessary nutrients and are now looking into alternative methods of getting him fed.

Lastly, due to the need to access him better, the are removing the respirator tube and going with a tracheotomy to facilitate his breathing.

Sheryl is with people and will be taken to the hospital shortly.

Prayers, always...

Jim

We should be all set on the SEMROC domain. I would hope to have an update by the end of the week (nothing today as it's a holiday)

Keep watch :)

Thanks for helping with this, Jim! Domain names are one of those little things in life that should be far outside the realm of what they have to worry about, right now.

Latest from Sheryl. Not good.

Thanks for the update.

Is there anything else any of us can do to help their family, right now?

-Kevin

Thanks for helping with this, Jim! Domain names are one of those little things in life that should be far outside the realm of what they have to worry about, right now. Thanks for the update. Is there anything else any of us can do to help their family, right now? -Kevin

I wish I knew... I wish *I* could do more!

Man...

This is such a nice thing to see. It seems all of our vendors are in this together.

Hats off to Jim for doing this for The good folks at Semroc.:cheers:

Ok, a couple of things here :)

First, Bruce is doing better again :). They have a tube in to relieve air build up. They are close to having a handle on the balance between too thin blood and acceptable clotting to keep the EMCO Machine running properly. So, sighs of relief all around, yet again :)

As for donations, the link is: FWD: You can tell everyone the link to Radiant is here: https://radiantnc.infellowship.com/UserLogin/Index?ReturnUrl=/OnlineGiving

Sheryl goes on to say that "you can easily create an account" indicating to me that, yes, you need to make an account (sorry 'bout that... )

We have heard back on the domain and are still missing one piece of verification data which I have pinged Sheryl about. Not sure when I will see it, but we are a step closer :)

Now, compared to my earlier note, this one was much more enjoyable to post!

A good sign.
I'm hoping for more improvement.

Jim, thanks for keeping us updated.

Ok, a couple of things here :)

First, Bruce is doing better again :). They have a tube in to relieve air build up. They are close to having a handle on the balance between too thin blood and acceptable clotting to keep the EMCO Machine running properly. So, sighs of relief all around, yet again :)

As for donations, the link is: FWD: You can tell everyone the link to Radiant is here: https://radiantnc.infellowship.com/UserLogin/Index?ReturnUrl=/OnlineGiving

Sheryl goes on to say that "you can easily create an account" indicating to me that, yes, you need to make an account (sorry 'bout that... )

Jim,
Do you know how we can designate the donation for Bruce? The log in requires a fund designation, but no way to state that the donation is for Bruce.

Good news!

There doesn't seem to be a way to identify the donation as being to help the McLawhorn family. I'm going to ping the church and will post what I receive in response.

We have heard back on the domain and are still missing one piece of verification data which I have pinged Sheryl about. Not sure when I will see it, but we are a step closer :)

:)

Now, compared to my earlier note, this one was much more enjoyable to post!

Keep up the good work, Jim! You're helping Sheryl tremendously by being a go-between for questions from the rest of us. It lets her focus her attention where it needs to be -- her family.

-Kevin

I hope things continue to get better and for Bruce to get well soon.it looks like he is in good hands and there are many people contributing to make things go smoothly. Get well soon :)

Last edited:
Praying for Bruce's recovery. Will be watching for details if there is anything the rocket community can do to help!
-Mike Erpelding Family

Wow, I just went to the church site and created an account. NOT easy. Frankly, I'd just send her a check or to the SEMROC paypal account. Sheryl has confirmed that she can obtain funds that way. Make sure you specify if the funds are to be directed directly to Bruce and family.

Jim

Wow, I just went to the church site and created an account. NOT easy. Frankly, I'd just send her a check or to the SEMROC paypal account. Sheryl has confirmed that she can obtain funds that way. Make sure you specify if the funds are to be directed directly to Bruce and family.

Jim
Jim, I just now caught up with this thread, and I can't believe what I'm reading! My thoughts and prayers go out to Bruce, Lisa, and Sheryl.

What *is* the SEMROC paypal account e-mail address?

I just used sales (at) semroc (dot) com as the address, and Paypal recognized it as Semroc Astronautics Corporation, so that's an address that will work for sure.

I just used sales (at) semroc (dot) com as the address, and Paypal recognized it as Semroc Astronautics Corporation, so that's an address that will work for sure.

Yep, this is it.

No news yet this morn, but will post anything I get

Jim

Latest posts

Back