Bruce

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sheryl@semroc

Reaction score
Bruce has been in the er since 2am. They are admitting him for a few days for the flu and pneumonia. Please say a prayer for him.

I will try to get the orders out but some may be delayed a day or two.

Sheryl@semroc

Bruce's health first, orders when time allows.

Hope he's feeling better soon - if it's bad enough for a trip to the ER, he must be feeling pretty lousy. :(

-Kevin

Oh my! Prayers sent. Thanks for letting us know, don't worry about the orders!

Thoughts are with you. Family comes first, let's get Bruce back to health.

Been through that myself....it's miserable.

You all will be in my thoughts & prayers!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery & a wonderful new year!

Thank you everyone for you prayers. He had a rough day yesterday but hoping today will be better for him.

Sheryl

Just spoke with Sheryl. Bruce was admitted to the ICU Friday morning running a fever of 104.7. They have since gotten it down to 102, but he is still in critical condition.

At this time, Sheryl is staying with him during the day while Lisa is with him at night.

It kills me being so far away from them and not being able to offer any aid. Simple cooking and cleaning would be a boon right about now.

I will stay in touch with Sheryl and update the forum with any updates.

Prayers, always.

Jim

As I understand it, he'd been feeling poorly for about a week. One doctor said it was flu, another said it wasn't. He was placed on antibiotics, but things got worse. By the time he was admitted to the hospital, pneumonia had set in...

Bruce was life flighted to Chapel Hill medical center yesterday. Working on oxygen level. Kidneys have shut down. He is very critical. Please continue to pray for him.

Sheryl

Very sorry to hear that. Hang in there we are all praying for you,

Dennis

I also posted this on YORF, but Sheryl is there anything we can do to help? Paypal some money to help cover expenses? With Bruce being airlifted to another hospital I assume there are travel expenses, meals, perhaps lodging.

Latest from Sheryl:

Bruce is on dialysis as of this morning (ECMO machine, I believe). Something else had happened that almost lead him to bleed out, but I missed a detail.

Even so, with all this trauma, the physicians feel good about Bruce's outlook.

More info as it becomes available

Jim

I'm not much for prayer, but I will make an exception in this case and say a few for Bruce and the Semroc family.

Wow, from the flu to dialysis !?!?! Bruce is a young man, no ? Prayers sent (and re-sent).

Back