Box of rockets

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slackdaddy

Reaction score
The kids and I finnished another batch of rockets for the monthly MDRA launch, ready to put them in the large card board rocket box and take over the "A" rack.

1st pic is the the gliders - an original Red Barron in the back right, a few RB/Flying Jenny clones, a 1.6X RB upscale (Pitts Special), and 3 biwing wombats.

Slack

And the non gliders,

all scratch built, the one on the left is 24mm powered, the rest are 18mm. The battle worn Red Max is an old build.

Slack

How well does the biwing wombat fly? Got plans for same anywhere? I have used a canard, but that decreases stability.

The Red Baron looks fantastic. I've never seen anything like it in the UK. Is it a kit or scratch built? Where can I get hold of one?

Originally posted by slackdaddy
The kids and I finnished another batch of rockets for the monthly MDRA launch, ready to put them in the large card board rocket box and take over the "A" rack.

1st pic is the the gliders - an original Red Barron in the back right, a few RB/Flying Jenny clones, a 1.6X RB upscale (Pitts Special), and 3 biwing wombats.

Slack

Great fleet shots! Do you have glider feaver? :D

Originally posted by Phil
The Red Baron looks fantastic. I've never seen anything like it in the UK. Is it a kit or scratch built? Where can I get hold of one?

It's a kit!
You can either get them from us directly or Deepsky in the UK.

HTH
Don

John,
The biwaing wombats are scratch built, just a wombat that I added an upper wing on. I have not refined them "yet".
They do not boost straight, The rainbow one blew the pod off do to an "estes 12ga ejection charge", the yellow one stalled a bit and needs some nose weight, the orange one went up but I was busy tracking 2 other rockets and could not take My eyes off them, some one brought it back to Me in a few pieces.

Phil,
The Red barron kit is put out by "Squirrel Works", it is a top quality kit. I flew 4 plus the upscale this last weekend, some flights just defied gravity, 1 sucumed to an over zelous ejection charge, I think I will add "vent holes" to bleed off the charge.
Buy a few !, trust Me when You fly it at a club meet, You could sell a dozen for a good mark up !

As soon as I round up some flight pics and a free hour I'll post a full report under a new thread ?

Slack

Ok heres the box of rockets flight pics from the MDRA Aug 6 launch

We launched all the rockets in the photos above, and got all them back, a first.
The Red Barrons flew great, simply amazing the best $13.00 spent. They will stop a crowd and leave em "slack Jawed"
You can get them at https://www.brshobbies.com/

My Biwing wombats did not do as good, I'll stick to the Red Barrons. The Red and White "Pitts Special" (1.6 upscale Red Barron) flew "great"

The rest of the 3FNC fleet flew as expected.

Images copyright (c) 2005 by Maryland Delaware Rocketry Association, Inc.
https://www.mdrocketry.org

Originally posted by rocketkyle
great pics.

did you get this one back?

Yeah, thanks to the launch being on a sod farm, You can see that pink glider laying on the green "pool table" 200 yards off.

Slack

Back