• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Oh no! Another Midwest Power Sale!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ECayemberg

Reaction score
Since we're having so much fun, let's have yet another Midwest Power Sale!

Please note, this is for delivery/pickup at Midwest Power only! Anything not sold will be sold under a separate posting after Midwest Power…PM’s and dibs only if you are attending MWP and can pickup there please.

Rockets/parts
-Aerotech Strong Arm: new, sealed in box: $40
-North Coast Rocketry(NCR) Shuttle Magellan: produced from 1990-1991, this 29mm boost glider is a rarity and classic NCR! Complete kit with original Aerofoam nose cone, chute, decals, lots of balsa, etc.! Please don’t buy this (I really want to keep it:wink:) $100
-fin set for Wildman Darkstar 4 $25

Nosecones
-7.5” Performance Rocketry 3:1 ogive: $65 SOLD
-4” x 16.25” exposed RWW 4:1 ogive plastic cone: has a 1.5” diameter hole in the base for a Maglite to pass (for night flying if you so choose!): $12 SOLD
-4” Performance Rocketry molded (not filament wound) Von Karman 5:1 cone (flawless): $27 SOLD

-4” Loc standard nose NEW: $14
-4” Custom turned hardwood 2.75:1 rounded conical (Scud missile). Interesting cone I’ve had laying around for a while. Unique and heavy, mates to standard 3.9” phenolic (or compatible) airframe: $12
-3” Shockwave Rocketry 6:1 Von Karman glass cone: $32: SOLD
-3” Performance Rocketry 6:1 Conical molded cone: $22

Chutes
-Loc 28” standard Orange: $7
-Estes Pro Series II 24” (or whatever comes with the Argent/Ventris) Red: $5
-(2)Military Surplus X-form 36” OD Green: $5 each
-Loc 36” standard Orange: $8
-Generic (Loc/Top Flight style) 36” Blue: $7
-(2)NCR by Estes standard 36” Red: $7 each
-Binder Design 36” standard 8 panel Blue/Black: $8
- PML style 44” 8 panel Red/Blue (the fabric matches my other 44” PML chute, but the lines are a thicker round braided nylon…may be really old PML stock or had the lines replaced at some time): $5

Motors/Hardware
-Aerotech H669N: $18
-Aerotech I305FJ: $32
-Dr. Rocket 38/240-480 set (3 cases, aft & forward closure, seal disc): $100
-Aerotech/Dr. Rocket/Rouse Tech 54/852-1706 set (3 cases, aft & forward closure, seal disc). 852 case and aft closure is Aerotech, 1280 case and forward closure is Dr. Rocket (red), 1706 case is Rouse Tech (gold), : $160
-Dr. Rocket 38-480 case: $25
-Rouse Tech 38-1080 case: $40
-(2) Aerotech 54-852 cases: $40 each
-(1) set of Rouse Tech 54mm closures (standard forward closure; both clear anodized): $45
- Rouse Tech 12 gram C02 hardware (honestly don’t know how much this is worth, make an offer and/or educate me): $25
-(2) CTI ProDat drilling devices (with 29mm adapter insert): $8 each

Research Chems
- (3) (2) 8 oz bottles of IPDI (Pat G 2012 stock, I purchased the wrong item: my mistake, your gain): $6 each
-5 lbs Strontium Carbonate: (from Firefox): $15: SOLD

Avionics
-Loc LT-2 timer: dual event timer with robust 10A relays on each channel. 1 flight on it: $25: SOLD
-Transolve Timer2: dual event timer with honkin’ relays on each channel: never flown: $25
-Transolve Timer2: dual event timer with honkin’ relays on each channel: never flown: $25
-Featherweight Parrot dual deploy Baro altimeter: never flown: $25: SOLD
-Transolve P6 (not the kit version): many flights on it: $25
-Transolve Airstart Board for the P6 (link to above altimeter; used for many airstart flights): $15
-(2)PicoAlt P1 TINY recording altimeter: flown once: $20 each
-(2) Oregon Scientific ATC-2K waterproof Action Cams: a few flights on both; comes with a pile of hose clamps, mounts, memory card, etc. 2 complete systems ready to strap to your rocket. A very easy way to get into onboard video; simply strap to your rocket with the provided goodies and press the record button before leaving the pad area. There are smaller/newer units out there now, but these do work well! $20 each

Misc.
-Back issues of High Power Rocketry magazine: I have duplicates of nearly every issue published from 1992-2004. If you’re looking for one or more issues, I can probably help. Price varies depending upon how many you want and the condition the particular issue is in.

Thanks,

-Eric-

Last edited:
I'd like one of the timers please. I really don't know if one is better than the other, any advice on which one to go with?

I'd like one of the timers please. I really don't know if one is better than the other, any advice on which one to go with?

Chad, I've used both successfully. The Loc LT-2 is smaller, about the size of the old Missileworks Timer2; I believe Jim Amos of Missileworks actually made these "Loctronics" for Loc. The 10A relays are plenty sufficient to fire multiple initiators simultaneously; even ones that are not "low current". The Transolve Timers are physically large, and have BIG relays with BIG potential to fire BIG amounts of current; I can look up the specs. The Transolve units were purchased for the 11.5" Nike before I discovered "pellet" ignition initiated by plain e-matches. Both of these units are designed to dump more current than most timers on the market currently.

-Eric-

I'll take the Shockwave 3in NC.

This is perfect for my SpaceCowboy 75!

Thanks.

Last edited:
Chad, I've used both successfully. The Loc LT-2 is smaller, about the size of the old Missileworks Timer2; I believe Jim Amos of Missileworks actually made these "Loctronics" for Loc. The 10A relays are plenty sufficient to fire multiple initiators simultaneously; even ones that are not "low current". The Transolve Timers are physically large, and have BIG relays with BIG potential to fire BIG amounts of current; I can look up the specs. The Transolve units were purchased for the 11.5" Nike before I discovered "pellet" ignition initiated by plain e-matches. Both of these units are designed to dump more current than most timers on the market currently.

-Eric-
Fair 'nuff buddy, put me down for the LOC model. Thanks!

Fair 'nuff buddy, put me down for the LOC model. Thanks!

Thanks, Chad! It comes with a very nice manual (so long as I can find it...though that should be easy enough), and is a very user friendly timer; I like it a lot, just don't have a need for it anymore. It should treat you well!

-Eric-

Hey Eric, if you still have the 3" 6:1 Conical nosecone after MWP, I want it! I can't be at the launch, stuck on a project that keeps getting extended. By all means, try to sell it there, it will save you the hassel of shipping.

Have Fun, play Safe!
Terry

Edit: My apologies, I should have sent this as a PM.

Last edited:
OMG so much dibs on the NCR Shuttle kit. But I have to wait for you to ship. :cry:. If you break your rule I would be happy to take the shuttle, strong arm, and the Estes and NCR nylon chutes of your hands as a bulk sale :wink: Come on Please!!!

Eric.

I'll take the 7.5" PR 3-1 nose cone. Perfect for a 15x upscaled Estes Swift.

Mike

Thanks for all the interest! For those not attending Midwest Power, I will post a sale of all remaining items after the launch (probably November 5th). I may add more to the sale at that time.

-Eric-

Back