Bomarc and X-2 flights today

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burkefj

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Had beautiful cold, but clear with just a little ground fog....Got to finally video my Bomarc A model with the wing moved back to the A position and the ramjet pod shape and construction modified. Flew great again....Also got to test fly my rebuilt X-2 where I modified it for just a full flying tail for roll/pitch, used some long pushrod wires with mid mounted guide/supports to prevent flex, and got the servos hidden under the wing along with the rx and bec. Battery is recessed in the nose. I also reinforced the tail with .03 styrene to support the pivot rod instead of using spruce which makes a cleaner install. The only thing I wasn't really happy with was the only place to put rail buttons close to the thrust axis was on the side of the fuse. AUW dropped by an ounce due to the removal of a servo and some long wires and a bit lighter internal construction.

The maiden was perfect and the roll control was fine using the offset tail. I think I was brought extra luck by the fact I was wearing my new xmas present, an Accutron limited edition Buzz Aldrin signature Astronaut watch....I'll put a picture of it with my original 1962 ad for the original tuning fork accutron and my "hypersonic" book. I'm such a dork...

Frank

Here is the flight video....

https://youtu.be/8w73aau9KiE

WP_000661.jpgWP_000668 (2).jpgWP_000554.jpg

Those were great!

Don't you miss the long walks to retrieve them, though? :lol:

Great flights Frank! I really like the X-2, I'm a sucker for classic rocket planes too. :cool:

Where do you get your E6 loads? Directly from AT? Very few vendors seem to carry the RC motors or cases.

Mike Mc.

Nice flights and they look awesome.
So cool to do both the rocket and RC thing at the sametime.

Thanks all! I usually get my e-6 reloads from red arrow, buy 10 or so packs at a time, I'm always afraid aerotech will stop making my favorite motor...

...yes I miss the long romantic walks in the scrub brush looking for rockets, I try to launch a few normal rockets a year just to keep the dream alive:)

Latest posts

Back