Binder Design Holiday Special!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We were going to and I even prototyped one and flew it. That was about ten years ago. All of the 2.6" kits on the website are history. We're adding 3" kits to replace them. The 2.6" airframe is great for F and G motors but is really a but thin walled for H's and I's. It makes a great platform for mid power, but not strong enough for much more. We may add some 2.6" mid power kits back to the lineup but only if we can make our own cones.

The 3" diameter kits most likely won't be released until after the first of the year starting with the Tyrannosaur, Excelerator, and Lightning Bolt, then on down the line. It will bring all of our kits into line with our new build processes like the modular fin can construction with integrated aft thrust ring, and CNC 4th axis slotting of the airframe. No more cutting your own slots and it is accurate to 1/100th of a degree.

Thanks for the reply Mike.

I agree it is a bit thin but we've never had an issue with it. Heck, my friend's Stealth Jr even survived a G80 CATO with absolutely no damage at all.

However, I really like that 4 inch Dragonfly. That will probably be my next purchase from you.:D

Will you extend the holiday special to the Devastator Retro with Bell Nozzle option?

We have a Black Friday special that you need to know about. From Nov. 29th through Dec. 1st, we're extending the free DD kit special to the Devastator, Galaxy, Velociraptor, and California Kid. With the purchase of any of those rocket kits, you will get the free DD kit.

The official announcement is coming.

We have a Black Friday special that you need to know about. From Nov. 29th through Dec. 1st, we're extending the free DD kit special to the Devastator, Galaxy, Velociraptor, and California Kid. With the purchase of any of those rocket kits, you will get the free DD kit.

Black Friday works for me...tomorrow is Friday can I pre-order :)

I've been drooling over a Galaxy for quite some time now. I showed the pic to my wife last night and she asked "is that what you want for christmas?" So, with this upcoming sale....maybe this year.

I've been drooling over a Galaxy for quite some time now. I showed the pic to my wife last night and she asked "is that what you want for christmas?" So, with this upcoming sale....maybe this year.

The Galaxy is probably my favorite too. That's the first kit I flew my own research motors in. It has a nice whistle from the fin holes. When I designed it, I didn't know what to name it. MIB was on TV while I was playing with names and fonts and when they said the galaxy was in Orion's belt, the kit got a name.

Back