3D Printing "Assembly tray/organizer" for AT reloadables?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prfesser

LIFETIME SUPPORTER
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hello all,
I don't do 3D printing yet so I can't try this.

Some years back, someone marketed what I'd call an assembly tray or organizer for some of the smaller AT motors. If memory serves, it was a plastic sheet that had nice pictures printed of the nozzle, o-rings, etc., along with the name of each part. Also had places for the forward and aft closures. Open the reload kit, place each item on its respective location; now you know if anything is missing. It also aided in assembly, having all the parts organized by name.

It seems as though such an organizer might be printed fairly easily. Make recesses of the proper size for most parts; keeps them from rolling or being accidentally pushed off the table and onto the floor (bad) or into the grass (worse).

Could put a dab of grease on recesses for o-rings and such, before opening the reload kit. Or have a separate recess that holds a little grease so you could touch the blob of grease, pick up the o-ring, rub it around. More convenient than a tube of grease.

Just a thought. Maybe someone smarter than me has already done this...

Best -- Terry

I was just thinking about one the other day, something with trays for each part in order of assembly, segmented to snap together so its easier to print.

Here's what they looked like. Somehow over the years I've acquired several of them, mostly when I bought out flyers leaving the hobby. I still use one to keep the motor case from rolling away and because I can wipe it clean before I lay down any o-rings. I like the idea of a small reservoir for grease.

These are wood, I think melanite, so they are pretty heavy and stay put. The images are pretty durable, The small text at the bottom says © 2001, designed by Neil Saunders.

Tony

reload-station.jpg

Last edited:
Back