ARR - Basic Blues Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salvage-1

Certified
Reaction score
So, here's a place to show off your Basic Blues

I will start with one I just finished.

Basic Blues 3 Kit (3" airframe) - 54mm Motor Mount option - with 54 to 38 Aeropak adapter.
Dual deploy, Adept22 altimeter.
Paint is Rustoleum Metallic Cobalt Blue and True Gold, lettering by Stickershock23

P1040854_resize.jpg

P1040853_resize.jpg

Last edited:
My 3" Basic Blues (w/ a 38mm MMT).

i-cmxtKK7-L.jpg

Since this photo was taken, this rocket has been damaged, repaired, and modified to the point where the decals (which are also Stickershock's work) now say just "Same Old".

Welcome to the ARR Basic Blues Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the ARR Basic Blues and those rockets derived from them. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

ARR: Basic Blues 38:
ARR: Basic Blues 3:
ARR: Basic Blues 4:

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
ARR Basic Blues 38 Basic Information.

arr.gif
Always Ready Rocketry (ARR)

MODEL NAME: Basic Blues 38 Also known as:

NUMBER:

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Sport
Motor Mount: 1x29mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 44"
Diameter: 38mm
Span:
Weight: ~22 oz

Mfg. Description: Introducing the next line in rocketry kits from ARR, "Basic Blues" a line of economy 3FNC kits for the builder who just want a good solid basic barebones kit featuring Blue Tube 2.0! These rockets all consist of a single deploy configuration with a beautiful 5:1 Ogive plastic nose cone, classic swept fin design, CNC slotted airframes and no hardware or recovery components. You can purchase the electronics bays featured on this site to go along with it, as well as the chutes and shock cords separately, or use your own! Also note that several of the full retail packaged kits below are also offered in a "Basic Blues" configuration as well!

NOTE: When you purchase a Basic Blues kit and an Ebay, the coupler and bulkhead are not used in that configuration. (ARR 2012 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

arr-basic%20blues%2038-2011%20web.jpg
2011 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
ARR Basic Blues 3 Basic Information.

arr.gif

MODEL NAME: Basic Blues 3 Also known as:

NUMBER:

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Motor Mount: 1x28mm or 1x54mm
Length: 63"
Diameter: 3"
Span:
Weight: ~42 oz

Mfg. Description: Introducing the next line in rocketry kits from ARR, "Basic Blues" a line of economy 3FNC kits for the builder who just want a good solid basic barebones kit featuring Blue Tube 2.0! These rockets all consist of a single deploy configuration with a beautiful 5:1 Ogive plastic nose cone, classic swept fin design, CNC slotted airframes and no hardware or recovery components. You can purchase the electronics bays featured on this site to go along with it, as well as the chutes and shock cords separately, or use your own! Also note that several of the full retail packaged kits below are also offered in a "Basic Blues" configuration as well!

NOTE: When you purchase a Basic Blues kit and an Ebay, the coupler and bulkhead are not used in that configuration. (ARR 2012 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

2011 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
ARR Basic Blues 4 Basic Information.

arr.gif

MODEL NAME: Basic Blues 4 Also known as:

NUMBER:

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Motor Mount: 1x54mm
Length: 60"
Diameter: 4"
Span:
Weight: ~60 oz

Advertising Liveries

2011 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

Last edited:
Here's my Basic Blues 4 with 54mm motor mount, built stock. It's adorned with silver paint and a decal from Stickershock23.com to resemble a Lava Lamp. It's flown twice so far, at LDRS 31. I'm planning to launch it next as an L2 attempt in Berwick ME with MMMSC.

ARR basic blues 4 Lava Lamp.jpeg

Here it is at liftoff on a Pro38 5g skidmark at LDRS. This is a still from a video captured and helpfully sent to me by DTH Rocket (his blog: https://dthrocket.blogspot.com/). I didn't get any good photos of it myself, and am grateful to anybody who happened to get one.

Lava Lamp Launch 2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back