APRS GPS tracking at URRF

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocket1017

Reaction score
Folks:

I looking to test out my new APRS TNC, receiver and tracking software at URRF.

If any you are willing I would like to track your rocket and get data This is for folks already flying a APRS based tracking transmitter in the ham bands on there rocket, (ie Big Red Bee etc) I am not providing the transmitter !

I will have a receiver with me for both 2 meters and 70 cm.

It is always good to have more then one person tracking in case you have equipment issues on a high Altitude flight.

So if you like to share here or in private message some details of your fligh and trasmiiter freq. your using and when or where i might be able to find out when your flying it.

I will be there for all three days. Hoping to get at least a few tracking sessions in,

Cheers
John Sicker
TRA #1017 NAR # 49422
KC2HRR

Last edited:
John

I think it would be cool to dual home the tracking. I will be using 70CM, not sure what I am flying on what days, I'll hunt you down as needed.

P.S.

Any chance you might remember that ARTS?

I'd be willing to try it out, if it works with my a-bays. I'm using a 915Mhz GPS tracker now (receiver is connected via USB to a laptop) it would be good to see how they compare.

Last edited:
Back