Apollo 11 Model Rocketry

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike

Reaction score
I just received this from the Apollo 11 mailing list.

--------------------

Effective immediately, Apollo 11 Model Rocketry
has ceased business operations. The length of this
inactivity has yet to be determined, although it
might be permanent.

Our Sport Rocketry magazine subscriptions are the
only exception to this cessation. Current
subscribers will continue to receive the balance
of their prepaid subscriptions.

Serious enquiries for the sale and transfer of
A11MR to new ownership will also be considered. If
interested, please visit www.apo11o.co.uk for
contact information.

--------------------

I can only hope that this isn't permanent but it sounds as though it might be.

If Tony is reading this Apollo 11 will be missed from the UK vendors list and I wish him every bit of luck for the future.

:( :( :( :( :(

I was just getting my first order together for some spares & stuff. I was planning to send it on Saturday (my day off)!

:( :( :( :( :(

All the best Tony.

Sorry to hear the bad news guys. It's always a tough pill to swallow whenever any rocketeer hears of a vendor closing its doors.

I am really sorry to hear the news of APOLLO 11 stopping trading.Tonys service was second to none.the web site was fantastic with a great range of goodies to choose from.If this is permanent then it is a bad blow for u.k. rocketeering.
thanks for all your help tony:)

cheers
john from morecambe.

I'm sorry to hear about Apo11o.

I hope things are all right with Tony.

I was one of the first members to his forum (that was before I discovered this one!) along with Richard and a few others.

Maybe it's a good thing like he got a better job back home in the States or something.

In the meantime...there is a window of opertunity for some enterprising Brit to take over for him...Apollo 11 is for sale.

Good luck, Tony!

sandman

I hope Tony has closed because of a better offer and not anything more negative. Also I hope somebody will take over for him so UK rocketeers can continue to order parts from the UK. Apollo 11 was developing into a great business and if I was a little older I think I would consider putting in an offer.

Again, good luck to ya Tony.

Another said day in the rocket business. A couple of us should get together and just buy it!

On 12 Aug 2003, Apollo 11 Model Rocketry ceased business operations. This was due to several reasons, some personal and some business related. The overwhelming business reason for the decision was that A11MR could no longer guarantee the high standard of service which our customers deserve, due to a "certain national postal service" consistently damaging the contents of our parcels containing tubes in excess of 17" (432mm). We had been struggling with this problem for several months, and after many discussions with our delivery service provider, we came to the conclusion that A11MR could not cost-effectively provide a reliable delivery method for our products.

After receiving tremendous support and encouragement from our customers over the past ten days, Apollo 11 Model Rocketry has resumed normal business operations! We feel that our delivery issues have been adequately resolved, and we are eager to once again provide top quality LPR components and customer service for the UK Rocketry community!!!

Our delivery service provider has assured us that, if their "premium overnight" service is used, our parcels will be processed differently, resulting in a much smaller ratio of damaged or lost shipments. This also gives A11MR customers the added benefit of a quicker, guaranteed delivery for most orders. However, for A11MR to continue in this way, we must increase our P & P rates to implement our restructured Shipping Policy. An explanation of the new rates and policy can be found on the A11MR Policies page.

Once again, we thank you for your encouragement and support!!!

Kindest regards...

Tony Williams
Proprietor
Apollo 11 Model Rocketry

WOW! Nice one!
:D

The UK keeps its only LPR rocket componants supplier! :cool:

I can start cobbling together my order, again.

Tony,

Welcome aboard here. You will find a lot of your customers already here.

As for the rest of us...

Everybody this is Tony...Tony, this is everybody...

So glad yer back!

sandman

:D :D THIS IS THE BEST NEWS IVE HEARD ALL WEEK:D :D

Now i can start building all those rockets i've been dreaming about:D and i can get some parts to repair the ones i've broken..
Cheers Tony

Great service, great guy, great news!

Welcome back Tony, and welcome to TRF!

All of us at Orbital Engineering Ltd :D

Good to have you back Tony, I was worried for a bit then.

Wow!!!

Thanks to all of you for the wonderful support and kind words...the past few months have been pure hell for me...and it's nice to know that I have so many friends in a country that's not my own...and a few back in the USA too (Hi Sandman :))...

Hope to see y'all at K-lob!!!

Later...

Hi, Tony,

I had to cheer you on!...I was one one of the first to greet you into the UK...talk about a coincidence!

What were the odds that I'd discover Apollo 11 the first week you opened your doors and the only time I ever went to the UK.

I don't count the 4 trips to Heathrow...I never left the airport lounge!

Go get 'em, Tony!

sandman

Back