Anyone score a Friday sale Madcow DX3 XL?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually got one of the DX3 XL's on their sale, ran some sims on it after I bought it..... Not the right fit for my launch site so I resold it before I even rec'd the delivery. AND Yes, I resold it for what I paid within a couple of hours. Just missed the Trinity because I responded to a PM from LOC and never went back.

FTR I never thought I would actually get it, was actually easy. I logged in, placed an order for a few non sale items, filled in all the info and hit continue shopping until the item showed up - couple of clicks and it was done.

dirkDIRK,

Tom Keith has some very good points. I guess that you weren’t around last year to witness all the commotion over MadCow’s Black Friday sale. You should be able to look up the old threads. People were very upset. Upset enough that MadCow produced new kits at the sales price for anyone that felt they were not treated fairly by the sale.

Don’t take me the wrong way. I like MadCow kits. A letter of recommendation and photograph of my 5.5 inch Pike is on the MadCow website. I just think it is a bad business practice to offer a few teaser items to hundreds of people that may want them.

Wildman, MAC Performance, and other vendors should be applauded. They offer realistic savings to the sport that are available to all. This is by far a better way to treat your customer base.

The violence, and even a death, in New York from ridiculous Black Friday sales at retail stores has gotten government agencies involved. Of course these online sales could never escalate to that point. It would just be better for all involved if MadCow would follow Wildman’s lead. Offer a lesser savings if necessary to all that would like the kit. Make sure that your supply chain can handle the demand. It’s ok to ship kits out later if people know that they are going to receive it eventually.

All the best,
Bob

Its all well and good how you feel. A company did wrong and they tried to make it right.

No I was not there last year.

It also looks like what has been said is true about being out of stock this year leading up to the sale. I was looking at mad cow when I first started looking and ended up with LOC instead.

If they are holding back inventory for sales thats just odd to me, but I dont do marketing or own a business. I guess what I was trying to say is the sale itself was not dumb or rediculos it was a straight forward type of sale. However if they held inventory for multiple months just to have this sale I agree thats crazy and not right, especially if there has been interest shown at full price.

I cant say either way as i have only gotten into this not that long ago at least the hor world.

Live and let fly
Typed on my phone.

Madcow....keep up the fantastic work! You take care of your customer base just fine, and your sales are great just the way they are.

I hope no one takes what im saying as complaining. Just thinking outloud with the information provided.

I just ordered my first kit and it all went smoothly. I cant really complain at all. I also look forward to my first all finerglass build.

Just an observation from some other threads I wonder if there is a supply chain issue industry wide? Who knows lifes to short to get upset about things. Just my humble opinion.

Live and let fly

I remember that sale. And I only remember one fella, Whitney Richard of BayouRat who got so mad that he didn't get a rocket he threw giant, very public tantrums here and on Facebook. It was like watching a four year old throw his toys and cry so hard he barfs. And when Madcow released more kits to cork his cry hole, he changed his complaint to they never returned a phone call or some such nonsense.

Both tantrums were deleted of course. Which is a shame. It was hilarious. I've never laughed so hard as I did at him a year ago.

I guess I just don't see the issue people are having with the sale...I watched the deals as they were announced and logged in right as the sale opened and have 3 kits to my name in two weeks. I got the Nike Tomahawk two weeks ago and last Friday got a Tomach 54 and Screech 38. Today, when the 2.6" Blue Iguana inventory was updated I got one for full price and I'm fine because it's still a fair price, but I've literally been checking the website 3 times a day for weeks to get it and that is the price you pay for high demand items.

Thanks for the perspective from both side thats always welcomed.

I will say the sale was easy for me also. I got an email saying what was going be to on sale. I looked and thought do I really want one. Once I realized it was fiberglass i said absolutely. Hoping the price would be around what they where priced at.(2.6” models). I registered and when 7am pst hit I refreshed the page added to cart and I was done. It was easy and they still jad some units a available for maybe 30 mins or so. In internet land thats a lifetime.

I am happy I got one and will look at madcow again for another purchase. As I said before the way they did the sale and the quantity was fine. This type of sale is done all the time especially on black friday. Except most places have 1 or 2 of said item at the crazy price its in the ads look at them.

Live and let fly
Types by my phone

Just want to add a bit of perspective from a business side. I hadn't gotten back into rocketry yet during the last sale, long hiatus. But as a former business owner I can't believe that anyone had a fit over their Black Friday sale, anyone. To hold a company accountable for a fast sell out is being a bit unreasonable. This year they had 100 of the DX3's offered at the very low price and they indicated that. Everyone had the same chance albeit very briefly, but making that rocket available to everyone at that price could ruin a company financially.

I can't believe that anyone had a fit over their Black Friday sale, anyone. To hold a company accountable for a fast sell out is being a bit unreasonable.

It's completely unreasonable. That's why the tantrums were so funny. That and it was a grown man throwing them.

Entitlement exists in hobby rocketry just like I does everywhere else. People think they deserve everything they want even if the fail at the task required to get it.

This will be my last post on this topic. I don’t think that some of the new forum members are aware of last years controversy over MadCow’s Black Friday sales.

I was just trying to complement Wildman, MAC Performance, and other vendors whom offer great Black Friday sales that are available to all.

This year MadCow has been out of stock on many kits for most of the year.

Now they have the Black Friday Sale with as little as 25 kits offered.

I’m surprised that no one on this thread had commented on the fact that Wildman and others treat their customers better. Isn’t it wonderful that Wildman and other vendors offer their products to everyone.

It’s my personal opinion that the Wildman business model is fairer to their customer base than the MadCow business model.

Personally, I am aggravated that MadCow’s kits are not available for most of the year at any price. Then they offer as little as 25 kits at an unrealistically low price.

Wouldn’t it be better for them to have the kits all year long? Offer a more modest sale if necessary on Black Friday where anyone whom would like a kit can get one?

How come no one is praising Wildman for offering great deals for everyone?

Everyone please have a nice Thanksgiving.

All the best,
Bob

This will be my last post on this topic. I don’t think that some of the new forum members are aware of last years controversy over MadCow’s Black Friday sales.

I was just trying to complement Wildman, MAC Performance, and other vendors whom offer great Black Friday sales that are available to all.

This year MadCow has been out of stock on many kits for most of the year.

Now they have the Black Friday Sale with as little as 25 kits offered.

I’m surprised that no one on this thread had commented on the fact that Wildman and others treat their customers better. Isn’t it wonderful that Wildman and other vendors offer their products to everyone.

It’s my personal opinion that the Wildman business model is fairer to their customer base than the MadCow business model.

Personally, I am aggravated that MadCow’s kits are not available for most of the year at any price. Then they offer as little as 25 kits at an unrealistically low price.

Wouldn’t it be better for them to have the kits all year long? Offer a more modest sale if necessary on Black Friday where anyone whom would like a kit can get one?

Everyone please have a nice Thanksgiving.

All the best,
Bob

If you don't like Madcow's business methods, don't buy from them. Go to Wildman or wherever else you like. guarantee selling rockets isn't the primary way Madcow's owner pays his mortgage - the market is just too small. Because of the small market and relative anal demand, there will be long periods of reduced inventory. If you don't want to wait to get a kit, don't, but at least stop complaining.

Madcow sells kits made by Curtis (Performance Rocketry - NOT Performance Hobbies) and he sells only what he has in stock. If he were to sell kits not in stock it might be years before he has all the parts to fulfill the orders. This is why there is a limited supply of sale kits, he already has them in hand. You and Madcow can't expect to get out of stock parts with any reasonable time frame.

There was no controversy with MadCow BFS last year.

There is always some sour douchbag who complains that they did not get what they want at a super low price. Good luck raising those issue with Amazon or any other trailer that offers limited time/quantity deals on anything.

MadCow had stepped out to help out the aggrieved cry-baby last year, and it is now getting slammed by another one.
No good dedd shall go unpunished!

No, you are not.
If you were, you would have been posting a "thank you" on the WM sale thread.
You did not do that, so the spirit of this Holiday is completely lost on you. That's sad!

[...]

Go ahead an praise WM on WM BF thread, if you bought something from them. And no, not all kits are in stock @WM.
Go ahead an praise MC on MC thread, if you bought something from them. And no, not all kits are in stock @WM.

If you did not buy anything from either - go get a job, earn some money, and post something after you buy from either.

Happy Thanksgiving!

a

I got a DX3 XL 4" fiberglass. No issues. Everything went smoothly.

Back