Anyone near SLC have a vacuum-bagging setup, and willing to show me how to tip-to-tip

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

75Grandville

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
OK, so I've been working on this scratch build here: https://www.rocketryforum.com/showt...ip-a-38mm-scratch-build-with-3D-Rocketry-fins

I'm back from a business trip, and about to start the last two fillets. While building, I've gotten concerned that the fins are a bit to thin, and would like to do a tip-to-tip layup to reinforce them. I've got a gallon set of West Systems. I have some fiberglass cloth, although I want to research the best weight to use.

What I don't have is:

1. A vacuum bagging setup to do this right
  2. Any clue how to do this
  3. Any idea of all the supporting materials needed to do such a thing

Yes, there are some pretty good tutorials on the forum for doing these sorts of things. Yes, I can (and will) figure something out on my own if I need to.

But, I would far rather learn from someone with experience and the right equipment. So, is there anyone within a reasonable drive of SLC with such a setup that would be willing to school me in the art and science of doing a tip-to-tip layup? I'm happy to provide or pay for any materials needed.

Back