Anyone in the Ft Worth or Tarrant County area want to get together?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...I want to burn money not use it, lol

Who are you, and what did you do with Jason?

Boy, dude, did you pick the wrong hobby! Though, I gotta admit, photography and ham radio also can be quite damaging to the bank account.

Last edited:
We had another get-together today, a few beverages, a bit of food, some great conversation and company. We are looking at possible launch locations and moving toward a rough schedule and probably the start of a club, so anybody who is lurking should step right up and join in. Send a PM to me, or n5wd, or Bone Daddy, or Buzzard, and make yourself known!

We seem to be interested in low- and mid-power (for now) and loosely planning to have regularly scheduled launches (if we can find a place). We talked about keeping this up for maybe a year or so while we try to get info to local hobby shops, schools, scout groups, etc. All plans are very fluid at this point.

And I apologize again to everyone for spotting this meeting today in the middle of Arlington. Won't happen again!

It was a great meeting. Santa Powderburner even brought door prizes!

I did fly that yellow rocket N5WD had on my way home. B4-4 (had some extras), A8-3 and C6-5 (thanks powder burner). It flew like someone running across an icy pond, with its tail wagging the whole way. But, it was a pretty thing to watch. It flew pretty much like mine that has shark clasper fins on the underside.

I flew it as a nose blow. Engine only ejected on one of the flights, but there was no landing damage. There was an interesting impaled nosecone on body tube incident.

I'll post pixs later.

Last edited:
Well, it was a LOT easier leaving Arlington than getting there, that's for sure!

Glad to meet everyone that made it - hope that next time we can find a way to include those folks that didn't make it the first two times.

Frank, - glad to know the yellow dog was of entertainment value - yeah, sounds like a dog-bits-tail situation with the impalemnt!

Wayne

This is the rocket I built with a nod to shark claspers (fins used to hold the female in place during shark love making).

This thing started as four fins with two booster pods. I flew quite nicely. After a fin broke off, I decided to add the claspers. The flight was a bit swishy so after a few flights I added the unpainted fins. It was pink, then black. The body tube was cheap and it swelled and buckled. Everything is distorted. I've been trying to lose it and it refuses to be lost, sort of a Friday the 13th thing going on. This thing has had so many flights and iffy landings (chute, streamer, nose blow) and it still lives on.

I actually almost threw it away. Instead I decided to retire it, but now that I hold it in my hot little hands, I wonder if I could fly it as a cluster.............. increase the length, hmmmmm

shark clasper 1 post.jpg

shark clasper 2 post.jpg

shark clasper 3 post.jpg

Paint it Black.JPG

Latest posts

Back