3D Printing Anyone have STL for Skull + Spine (Predator trophy style)?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigMacDaddy

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Was thinking of printing a predator trophy as a rocket (put engine/engines in skull and use spine + tail bone as draggy body / fins).

Surprised I could not find a good single piece spine to 3D print at a reasonable size. Beyond my skills / time available to merge a bunch of vertebrae together.

Likely cheaper / easier to just buy a plastic skeleton but figured I would ask...

Yeah, those models are amazing... I found a free spine STL but it was life size and when I scaled it down it lost its integrity (pieces got too thin).

There are a bunch of predator trophy models for sale online but the are too small for a rocket (I guess designed for a Predator action figure). They look to be a simplified spine (or maybe filled in) to maintain sufficient thickness which is what would work well for this rocket idea.

Anyway, just figured I would check in case someone had done something like this before.

Cool! I thought I had seen this somewhere... Thank you for the link! I guess Halloween decorations is the easy way to go. I will play around with the spine I found in Blender. I would hope I could 3D print something a bit lighter than the decoration (definitely do not want to have to go to 2x F engines for this oddroc; I am mentally whining about having to use 2x C engines for the Ultraman plane I am working on).

Back