Wanted Anyone got solution manual for Rocket Propulsion Elements 8th edition (no payments required)?

Discussion in 'Yard Sale / Wanted' started by RocketEnthusiast101, Nov 9, 2019.

Help Support The Rocketry Forum by donating:

Tags:
  1. Nov 9, 2019 #1

RocketEnthusiast101

RocketEnthusiast101

RocketEnthusiast101

Hi yall. I just got the pdf of the 8th edition for rocket propulsion elements. But when searching online. I do find websites like Chegg, course hero which have the solution manual but unfortunately, I gotta pay (which is a lot). So anyone here got a pdf for solution manual related to this book. It would really help me out.

2. Nov 15, 2019 #2

Rob702Martinez

Rob702Martinez

Rob702Martinez

Zip-Tie Oversight Committee TRF Supporter

Your'e going to build and finance a rocket to the Karman line, write your own codes, use your own sensors, build your own computers, engineer your own propellant...but a book is too expensive?
    Have you found a mentor?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
  3. Nov 16, 2019 #3

RocketEnthusiast101

RocketEnthusiast101

RocketEnthusiast101

Thanks for the detailed reply. I'm in the beginning phase right now. I haven't found a mentor yet. But regarding mentors, which subject they should be experts in?

4. Nov 17, 2019 #4

cbrarick

cbrarick

cbrarick

Wildman CT

Flying a rocket to the V-K line?

that should narrow it down....
    but I'm just spitballing......

5. Dec 6, 2019 #5

Ez2cDave

Ez2cDave

Ez2cDave

The 9th edition is available . . .

http://www.freeengineeringpdf.com/download/?file=529

There is an errata sheet . . .

https://www.scribd.com/document/340938088/Corrections-to-9th-Edition

Dave F.

6. Dec 6, 2019 #6

Ez2cDave

Ez2cDave

Ez2cDave

If you intend to design, build, & fly a liquid-propelled rocket to the Karman Line & beyond, you are going to need a TON of cash ( six figures ) and, if buying a book is a lot of money for you, this is never going to happen !

Dave F.

7. Dec 6, 2019 #7

solid_fuel

solid_fuel

solid_fuel

Lifetime Supporter TRF Lifetime Supporter

Why is this post not in the yard sale forum?

8. Dec 6, 2019 #8

MikeyDSlagle

MikeyDSlagle

MikeyDSlagle

Yeah...
    That would be a good place to start.
    :D:D
    Lol

9. Dec 6, 2019 #9

Ez2cDave

Ez2cDave

Ez2cDave

Because he wants it for free . . . Not buying or selling - LOL !

Dave F.

10. Dec 6, 2019 #10

Rob702Martinez

Rob702Martinez

Rob702Martinez

Zip-Tie Oversight Committee TRF Supporter

Can you tell us about yourself and your experience and what you want to accomplish?

Andrew_ASC likes this.
  11. Dec 10, 2019 #11

Andrew_ASC

Andrew_ASC

Andrew_ASC

UTC SEDS 2017 3rd/ SEDS 2018 1st

Yeah it’s concerning posts like this. I remember working through some 1967 China Lake book on building amateur liquid rocket motors an excellent source of info with much theory and practical knowledge condensed down for making liquid motors. I posted an excel sheet in the research motor forum which does everything from injector sizing and nozzle sizing on gaseous Oxy and various fuels that they provided info on. No I haven’t built one. I wanted to simply understand the math behind it more detailed than what I had learned in college engineering courses. There was a guy not really into amateur rocketry having issues with his math while following the sample stuff in that book. I tried to help but he even quit posting after I moved it to if you need help it’s in the research section.

Same crap of random other dude coming into TRF and wanting help on movable forward canards on a hypersonic rocket. He couldn’t understand foam would melt at hypersonic speeds even after I did compressible gas dynamics for the moron. They all come to forum wanting free engineering help but can’t be bothered to explain who they are, where they are from, or what intents they have. People even tried trolling of post your icbm in the what did you do rocket section today. Mind you they would panic if they knew solutions manuals are often chalked full of errors themselves and that’s why people go to college and pay PhD types lotta money to learn. Usually takes a few PhD types a few days to unf*** a broken solution manual. And even then I’ve seen these sheldons of reality abandon some theoretical book problems. Lolz.

Check out RRS if your serious about learning liquid motor design if you aren’t comfortable solving engineering problems without a solution manual you need to re-evaluate touching liquid motors period. And I’m starting with solid motors first. I already founded a rocket team for university. Already designed a few scratch builds. And I would be curious on a small liquid motor for a lab test learning experience someday as I build my skills up. But otherwise liquids are much harder to design. The reason I recommend the China Lake document is they eliminate all turbo machinery complex requirements for amateur purposes. And yes if you screw up the math it can still barely kill you. Understand that much kid.

12. Dec 13, 2019 #12

Arsenal78

Arsenal78

Arsenal78

All he’s asking for is a book, not harassment. If he’s looking for the book, chances are he’s a bit ahead of y’alls snide comments.

Zertyme likes this.