Anyone build a Loc Big Nuke or Big Nuke 3E?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firemanup

Reaction score
I'm looking for any information on these kits that anyone has, there are no reviews on EMRR for them.

Particularly what are differences between the Big Nuke and Big Nuke 3E??

The BN shows a 54mm motor mount and i'm finding the BN 3E showing a ?? in the motor mount section of the site i'm looking at so i'm assuming it's an option to get a 75mm motor mount.

Other than that what are the major differences...??

I'm seeing different listings for the length on these kits too..

Someone here has to have built one??

Thanks

Originally posted by firemanup
I'm looking for any information on these kits that anyone has, there are no reviews on EMRR for them.

Particularly what are differences between the Big Nuke and Big Nuke 3E??

The BN shows a 54mm motor mount and i'm finding the BN 3E showing a ?? in the motor mount section of the site i'm looking at so i'm assuming it's an option to get a 75mm motor mount.

Other than that what are the major differences...??

I'm seeing different listings for the length on these kits too..

Someone here has to have built one??

Thanks

According to LOC's site, the 3E is a 75mm motor mount, and it's also 8 inches longer.

Check the site here

*edit* Upon further review, the 3E includes an electronics payload bay, which most likely accounts for the extra 8 inches in length and the E in the name.*/edit*

Loopy

Ok, yeh i've got the 75mm confirmed, would still like to know the specifics on the body tube lengths.. how long is the booster section, assuming 8" is for the e-bay, how long of a payload bay.

Also what is LOC's definition of an electronics bay..? I've never built a LOC kit.. so is this a bay with all components necessary to build an electronics bay, ie.. allthread, hardware, bulkplates, couplers, etc.. or is it just an 8" section of body tube..?

I'm looking pretty hard at this kit, i like the looks of it and the size..

Firemanup,

I am in the process of building the 3E version of the Big nuke. It does come with a 75mm motor mount along with an electronics bay(Coupler Stiffy Tube, and 2 bulkheads and a threaded rod alitimiter holder{kind of like a sled} that slides on the threaded rods). The booster section is 36" long, the top tube is 24" long and the nosecone is 22.5 " long. The fins are 3/16 aircraft ply, along with that you get the shock cords(2-12' ) also the Drouge 16" chute ?? and a 60?? in main, Sorry I haven't even taken them out of the package yet. It is an easy build, very limited directions but if you have ever built another kit you should have no problems with the build. Hope this has helped you in your decision.

John

John,

Excellent and thanks... that's what i was looking for...

Where did you get yours at, i'm looking at Commonwealth right now they've got em priced at $185.....

When are you going to start building it..?

I'm looking at a 4" Binder Excel Plus next up on my list, then after that I'd like to do this kit, but will probably wait to start it till this fall...

Thanks again..

Sorry the length of the shock cords are 2- 24 foot 1/2 in tubular nylon, not 2-12 ft sections.:eek:

I picked mine up from hangar 11. I believe it was 179 and change. Right now work is very busy so hopefully by the end of summer I will start to build on it. Then the only one left will be my L3 project a 200% upscale Estes rocket. Should be fun.

https://www.hangar11.com/hangar11/

Ok, now that i've pulled my head out i've noticed the thread a couple down below this one titled Big Nuke a couple different guys having built them and detailed them in that thread..

That plus your help Fireone and i'm all set.. thanks guys

Latest posts

Back