Any Yahoo mail experts out there?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ksaves2

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I posted this to a Yahoo info mail site but don't know if I'll get any takers.

I keep getting spam mail from the same poster and this is an example address of the scammers address: [email protected].

It always starts out as "shelia.pooled" followed by the gibberish. Each time the gibberish is different with every subsequent spam email so marking the address as spam doesn't change much as they keep sending spam with new gibberish after shelia.pooled. If I could mark it as a wild card after the shelia.pooled as spam, the Yahoo mail filter could kill it. I don't know if that's possible. I'm in Linux using Firefox and a Yahoo mail account at sbcglobal.net. The mail is obvious garbage scams and I know to avoid it. Obviously they can't spell as a woman's name is spelled Sheila. But boy can they spam/scam. Kurt

Well, I have yahoo e-mail, and I am no expert. But, the past several months, I've been getting more and more spam email. What I have figured out is this: Just delete it. Don't put it in the spam folder, or try to unsubscribe. I tried both, and I think when you try to unsubscribe, they know there is a real person on your end. I end up deleting almost half my e-mail. Sigh.... Phil L.

Well, I have yahoo e-mail, and I am no expert. But, the past several months, I've been getting more and more spam email. What I have figured out is this: Just delete it. Don't put it in the spam folder, or try to unsubscribe. I tried both, and I think when you try to unsubscribe, they know there is a real person on your end. I end up deleting almost half my e-mail. Sigh.... Phil L.
I just realized this a couple of weeks ago Phil. Thanks for the reply. I've resorted to scan the mail list and delete stuff I don't recognize from the title.

When I worked in a corporate cubicle I would get amazing amounts of spam. Enough that the IT department tested spam blockers on my email.
I was told not to unsubscribe as they may stop that one, and sell your address to 8 - 10 -12 or more other spammers.

Back