Any way to redissolve Createx 4030 Intercoat Clear?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marc_G

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I mostly use spray guns / airbrushes with Createx (Wicked Colors, Auto-Air, etc.) acrylic paints. My 4 ounce bottle of intercoat clear (product 4030) that I mix in with colors has sat on the shelf for literally years since I last used it (I was using up a smaller 2 ounce bottle, and don't build as much as I used to). Anyway, I've got a 4 oz bottle that is half full of a thick goo that looks for all the world like ladies' cold cream. (is that even still a thing?) OK, it looks like a bottle of white moisturizer.

I tried putting in some Auto-Air reducer and shaking but it doesn't seem to mix in, much.

Yes, I've ordered a new bottle of 4030 (gets here Thursday) but is there any magic to resuscitate my existing bottle? Or has the polyurethane polymerized enough that it's just done?

I have a large number of bottles of various Createx brands that I've been collecting for about 8 years now, and several of them look as though they are a bit caved in. Presumably some of the solvent (water + little bit of alcohol) has diffused out and thickened the paints... Need to go through and maybe cull a bit.

Looking for any life-extending magic.

Never mind on this one. I'm calling the old bottle a casualty of time and pitching it I n the trash. New bottle is here and there is no reason to mess with the old stuff at risk of ruining a rocket's finish.

Back