Another Sci-fi B-movie rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winston

Lorenzo von Matterhorn
Reaction score
Another Sci-fi B-movie rocket. This one is from "War of the Satellites." Cool looking.

49802423536_e6a952824d_h.jpg

That's what you call a 6FNC!

The leading fins would make the CP really high, but the short-and-stubby design might negate that. I wonder how stable it would be.

Okay, scalers! Have at it!

Omg, soo cool! Now I want one too. ( of course, I want every rocket I see, but I’d still like to think I am a bit of a connoissuer of sorts.)

Dadgummit! I am sitting here with a nose cone and section of tubing, thinking, hmm, rear ejection? WTH am I gonna do during our shelter in place, eh? Build a million rockets to fly once the sky opens up again, of course! I swear maybe this time I’ll post a build thread, or at least a pic of the completed rocket. I have nothing but time right now, but I still am not looking forward to retirement. Way less, now I’ve had a taste. Be well, stay safe and
#Surviveinstyle

Izzat you??? Hope to see somebody build it, that's a pretty cool design. Should be plenty stable, those aft fins are huge and there will be tons of stabilizing base drag. BTW, the fin shapes on the 3 models are *nowhere* near identical, so you've got three ways to build! I guess the prop/model shop slapped those things together in a hurry.

Hey Dave! Yup it’s me. Ain’t flown the last rocket yet. I still have about 3 tons of propellent stored safely under the baby’s crib. How ya dune? I finally have some time off. I know, watch what you wish for. Youngest left for China again after an extended pit stop, so I am slowly reclaiming the rocket room and digging thru footlockers full of build pile debris and kits, which I never follow directions for anyway. I can’t wait for 2021, ’cuz ya know, hindsight is 2020. And my hind is getting pretty fed up with 2020 so far....hope to share the sky sometime soon.

Latest posts

Back