Another returnee to rocketry

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RiffD

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Well, found my way back to rocketry. Used to do some as a kid with my dad, not a ton but enough for it to stick as fond memories. Now I've got my own kids and a few months ago they mentioned something about a rocket with a parachute. That clicked. Took my oldest out for her first launch in June and safe to say she's hooked on the idea. Me? Yeah, hopelessly lost into it. Just finished my first MPR rocket (Big Der Red Max) and looking to explore beyond the Estes LPR we had as a kid and into all the different fun things that can be done now.

Welcome back! You are now a BAR, born again rocketeer. It's a heck of a lot more fun as an adult with income. I used to save my allowance for a month to buy 3 motors. I think you'll be surprised by how many great kits and designs are available now. This really is the golden age of the hobby.

Welcome back! You are now a BAR, born again rocketeer. It's a heck of a lot more fun as an adult with income. I used to save my allowance for a month to buy 3 motors. I think you'll be surprised by how many great kits and designs are available now. This really is the golden age of the hobby.

Yes, lots more fun. As a kid I remember always wanting to try C and D motors but we never did since the fields we flew were too small so the chance to use D and larger is really appealing. Already considering picking a L1 rocket to build over winter and try to certify next summer.

Welcome to the Forum. Your path back to rocketry is the way a lot of got back into the hobby. You really need to see a High Power launch. launch.

Well, found my way back to rocketry. Used to do some as a kid with my dad, not a ton but enough for it to stick as fond memories. Now I've got my own kids and a few months ago they mentioned something about a rocket with a parachute. That clicked. Took my oldest out for her first launch in June and safe to say she's hooked on the idea. Me? Yeah, hopelessly lost into it. Just finished my first MPR rocket (Big Der Red Max) and looking to explore beyond the Estes LPR we had as a kid and into all the different fun things that can be done now.
Welcome back.

Welcome to the Forum. Your path back to rocketry is the way a lot of got back into the hobby. You really need to see a High Power launch. launch.

So long as the weather co-operates this weekend a couple of members at the club we fly with plan to launch their High Power rockets, one flying on a L the other on a M.

Back