Another job loss... Networking anyone?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

new2hpr

Reaction score
I was just reading Dave's post the other day, and now it's my turn. After 14 years with this company, including 2 cross-country relos, a layoff,contract, and rehire, they got me again.

Unfortunately, since they paid me out previously, only 8 weeks payout this time.:mad:, so I need to find something soon to take care of the 3 kids and my wife (stay-at-home-Mom).

My industry is on a serious decline (computer storage), so the likelihood of finding something directly related in electronics test or manufacturing is low, especially one that would pay anywhere near the storage industry, but I'm open!

If anyone has leads in the Longmont/Boulder CO area, I'll dive in!

Thanks,
Ken

Ken, I'm so sorry to hear about this!

Just a suggestion, go to: www.jeppesen.com

It's a Boeing owned company, there in Colorado, that uses a lot of IT folks.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

It might be a bit late to start after a layoff, but I'd really recommend building up a profile and connections on LinkedIn. It's sure a lot better than that pile of 3-year old business cards with the rubber band around it that I had before. I've reconnected with a lot of people I've worked with in the past, and found new connections via the linkedin groups. Not a bit of junk generated from it that I've noticed. I'm not actively looking, and I've not had a headhunter call me in years, but I've had two call in the last few months (with real, potential positions), and I suspect it's from my linkedin profile. I put it routinely in my sig everywhere now.

Gary

That Sucks!

So where did you work?

I know Symantec had a recent RIF and Sun was announced layoffs but I have not heard of anyone getting the axe at Sun yet.

And it continues...

Sending mojo your way. I hope you find something soon!

Ouch - sorry to hear that. Good luck with your job search Ken.

:(

Back