Spam: My new CD is Complete.. :)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Moore

Reaction score
Hey all rocket friends.....

I just finished my new (First!) CD, and I thought that I'd come here to share it with you. It was a lot of fun to make, and it's doing pretty good on the SoundClick charts, believe it or not.

I'm working with a 'famous' CD duplicator to get the physical disks done, but for now you can check out the tunes in streaming format on Soundclick at;

https://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=614477

Thanks for taking the time. There is a mix of music in this collection that should really appeal to a wide range of musical tastes...

Rock, Power-pop, Punk-Pop, Country Pop, Industrial, even Do-wop. ;)

Here are the liner notes. Let me know what you think, good or bad!....

Thanks again!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

G33K
What We Still Haven't Learned.

I have always wanted to write some songs and create a record album. I figured that I could use the talents that I've accumulated over half a lifetime to really put out a quality self produced product that I could be proud of.

Well, That all sounded good, but I failed to make a project like this even a low priority in the past, as there always seemed to be something else to do. Something more pressing, or something more important than making a silly pop record, that needing my attention.

This summer, however, after observing just how fragile life is, I made recording this album the priority in my life, and I set a goal for myself; Ten songs by November - ten songs before I turned forty. After numerous self doubts and continually overcoming the limitations of my own ability, I'm happy to have succeeded in completing that goal, with results that surpassed my meager expectations.

I am so glad that I put my life on hold for two short months in order to actually 'live', by pursuing something I've always wanted to do. The bottom line for me is that we can never know what is going to happen to us, or how long we have left. When the buzzer goes off and the time is up, it's far too late for regrets.

These are the things that we still haven't learned.

Track notes;

01 - Every time - 3:33

Written two years before the recording in one mood, and recorded as a more light-hearted pop-rock song long after the anger had subsided.

02 - OK - 3:23

Think things are bad? If you've got the right people around you, everything is going to be OK! A feel-good Power-Pop blast with fat guitar and analog synths.

03 - Goodbye - 2:47

This is a very sad story about a painful breakup - or, is it?

04 - Cut - 3:08

Sometimes people do things that you don't understand, for reasons that you can't really know. This just represents my best guess.

05 - Live 2 Die - 3:48

Coined as 'Bubble-gum industrial' by a friend after hearing a snippet of this song, this driving but poppy song is a protest about a few things bugging me right now.

06 - Pretty Penny - 2:45

I don't know anyone like this penny person, but I guess you can find inspiration in anything. I'm not sure what this song is. Punk pop with some 80's electronica, perhaps?

07 - Does He Have A Sister - 3:53

This might be the best song I've ever written, in a style that I don't really care for. A Country-pop ballad with a tug-of-war between humor, and loss.

08 - You're not Right - 3:41

I'm not telling who I wrote this song about, but look around. Chances are, you know them.

09 - Red Rocket of Love - 4:05

This is the first song I wrote for what would be this album over 2 years ago. It was a lot better on paper, but this song has been growing on me. It's retro sounding smooth pop.

10 - Please Come Again - 1:37

I wrote this song for my Dad, and because I've always wanted to do an a cappella song. I got the idea for the chorus from the back of a matchbook. It's a pretty good choice for ending an album, live shows, etc.

Thanks for listening. Please come again!

Technical notes;
Recorded, mixed and mastered on a PC with Mackie Tracktion 2.0 Via a Tascam US122L interface, with a variety of free plug-ins and samples downloaded from the Internet. All Guitars were recorded direct with the JMC900 plugin amp simulator. All vocals were recorded with the MXL 990 microphone.

Thank You;
G33K would like to thank; My family Candy, Caitlin and Brandon, for putting up with 2 straight months of my constant working on this album. Dad and Mom Mel and Darla, for teaching me the love of and for music, and constantly telling me that I'm more than what I really am. My brother Tim, who was the sounding board for these songs when they were in the 'roughest' form. The hobby rocketeer community, and my business partner Woody, for allowing me the time to complete this album while letting some other things slide. The Dumas Brothers, Woody, Rich, Greg and Steve (Cousins Joel, Robert and John) for being the best 'other' brothers a guy could wish to have. The forumites of Harmony Central - especially the song writing forum for their help, encouragement and advice, and to the Open Jam for the release and laughs. Theresa W., for being my songwriting inspiration. Andy V., for a great weekend of music and an extra set of ears. All of the musicians who I have played with in the past, Keith, Rob, Randy, Dana, Frank, Jeff T., Jeff E., Theresa, Bud, Jeannette - you've all taught me much more than you can know. Thanks to everyone who enjoys even just a little bit of this collection. I made it for me, but I happily invite you into my world.

-Todd
https://www.myspace.com/g33kfr34k

Recorded at Red Rocket Studios, Grayling Michigan
All songs written by Todd A. Moore, copyright 2004-2006
Performed, produced, mixed and mastered by G33K at Red Rocket Studios.

wow hybrids to guitars ;) whats next ;)

thanx, Ben

P.S. the songs sound real good

Todd, may I ask what you used for recording? just curious.
I still use an old Roland VS880EX (but I love it!)

my stuff is just for fun, nowhere near the quality you are doing.

way to go!

Originally posted by stevem
Todd, may I ask what you used for recording? just curious.
I still use an old Roland VS880EX (but I love it!)

my stuff is just for fun, nowhere near the quality you are doing.

way to go!

Thanks!

I'm using a program by Mackie called 'Tracktion', and a US122 PC interface, and some free software plug-ins that I found online here and there.

For a mic, I used a real cheap LDC microphone made by MXL......

I have a friend who had the VS880... He loved it, but has since moved up to the 16 track version. He still links the two together when he needs some extra tracks...

Not my cup of tea music-wise, I'm more of a Clash/Rancid man myself, but as an ex-musician I can appreciate the effort that went into it and the overall quality of the finished product. Well done, you've achieved something to be proud of!

Tood, thanks for the info.

I just listened to a few tracks - amazing! especially with the equipment you are using.

good job!

Back