An apology and a sad announcement….

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't sweat it John. :) Family should always come first and foremost, I'd be taking the same course of action if I was in the same situation. Us TRF'ers will still be here when you reactivate Thrustline .... and still bickering and debating with each other. :p And we'll all be praying for a full recovery for Yvette.

When I heard you were deactivating Thrustline, I thought it fitting to take my recently completed Black Shadow out for its debut launch and I can tell you right now John, this kit is a real gem both moving and standing still!!! :cool:

You have been an inspiration to all of us BARs and REBARs.
I believe a certain 'REBAR' aka Doug Parks aka (formerly) Rebar Rocketry should take inspiration from John as to ethically running a business when personal circumstances have been less than ideal. Just an observation BTW.

All the best for you and Yvette, John.

Cheers ...... Pete

John,

The very best to you and Yvette during this difficult time.

You know that family is first. God bless you for that.

Thoughts and prayers for you two along this stretch of the path.

You have to put first things first, like you already have done. The rest of this will wait.

Please continue to check in here in the future, and let us know if you think we can offer some sort of help?

PLEASE. keep us informed!
You and Yvette are in our thoughts and prayers.

Please keep us posted on everything.
You folks are too good of people for us to allow you to get lost in the ether. Stay in touch or we will go looking for you.

Evil Ed Hartle:D

John,
Best of luck to you. Someone else said it best. Family first. Take care of your wife. Take Care.

Larry

You will definately be missed, but you MUST take care of family first.

My families thoughts and prayers will be with you and Yvette.
Here is to praying that she will defeat her cancer.

Live large and be strong! We will be praying for you both.

John, I can't say it any better than those who've already posted have. Take care of yourself and your family because that's what's important. Your contributions will be missed.

Well guys, it's been a while since my last post. Yvette is well under way with her Chemo treatments. She is in phase II which will last until about 2 months (Once every week) then here final stretch which will last for another 9 months after that (Once every 3 weeks). The only side effect so far has been occasional fatigue, but no stomach issues so far. The real nasty chemo is pretty much behind her so we don't expect any surprises from here on out. She does have her final re-constructive surgery sometime in the next three months, just not sure when.
Not much spare time for rocketry lately. Really need to get to Durham at least once this year. Dealership has me working every Saturday which kinda of sucks but I do appreciate the paycheck.
Keep em flyin!

Well guys, it's been a while since my last post. Yvette is well under way with her Chemo treatments. She is in phase II which will last until about 2 months (Once every week) then here final stretch which will last for another 9 months after that (Once every 3 weeks). The only side effect so far has been occasional fatigue, but no stomach issues so far. The real nasty chemo is pretty much behind her so we don't expect any surprises from here on out. She does have her final re-constructive surgery sometime in the next three months, just not sure when.
Not much spare time for rocketry lately. Really need to get to Durham at least once this year. Dealership has me working every Saturday which kinda of sucks but I do appreciate the paycheck. "

Good for you John in that things seem to be going well. The rockets will be waiting.
Cheers
fred

Thanks for the update John. Glad to hear that Yvette is holding up to the treatments well. From what I hear from many, the treatments are almost worse than the illness... We'll still keep you in our prayers.

I hope you do get to take a little time for yourself with your rockets. It sounds like you have earned a break!

Thanks for the update John. I hope all continues to go smoothly. Good luck!

John,

Thanks for the update. I'm sure it does need to be said, but all else, including rockets, pales in comparison to the issues that you and your wife are facing. Our best to your wife and to you. Hang in there man!

Thanks for the update John. Yvette continues to be in my prayers. I tried flying my Arapahoe-E on an AT D9-4 last weekend. It was just a wee bit tail heavy, so had a very entertaining flight, but is now repaired, with a wee bit of nose weight added.

Back