Alert: New inventory system

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carl

Reaction score

ALERT!!

After years of trying to keep over 1700 unique parts in stock, we are finally in the process of simplifying our ordering system. This was a hard decision that has been in the making for a long time. We have gotten so many complaints over the years, even a few threats, about the total disregard of our customers precious time. Too many kits! Too many nose cone and body tube choices! Too many tube sizes, and some of those so close to each other, why bother? It has taken weeks of going over all the data of the past 41 years about what customers want and what they buy. Some of the choices were easy; some were much harder. I am sure many will not be satisfied with the results, but it is better for all of us in the long run. Here is the final new parts inventory:

Level 1 Kit: We will keep the Golden Scout, since it is the biggest seller, at least until after NARAM-50.

Level 2 Kit: We will offer the Texas Firefly as our skill level 2 kit. This was tough, since the SLS Arcas brings in more revenue. Sheryl just re-kitted the Texas Firefly, so we have more of those in stock.

Level 3 Kit: Definitely the SLS Laser-X, since its little brother got edged out by the Golden Scout.

Level 4 Kit: The Saturn 1B is the better seller, but those dowels give almost everyone, except Chan, problems. So to save sanity, we are going with the Mars Lander as the level 4 kit. (Don't tell Bruce about this quite yet; he hates to do the wraps.)

Nose Cone: Easy one since the BNC-50K outsells all the others. I will really like this, because once the machines are set up, no more changes for over 500 different balsa parts!

Body Tube: We decided on one that was a good average of all our tubes and that is the BNC-51N. It's shorter, so that will save on shipping boxes and postage. It is almost the right size for the nose cone we decided to keep! And if you buy eight, you are half-way there to your own Saturn 1B!

Parachute: So many choices, but we went with CP-12RW since we have more of them.

Other parts: We are still trying to figure out how to link to the other companies, like Fliskits, Red River, Hawks Hobby, Aerotech, Sirius, BMS, Apogee, and others so they can be like our "virtual shopping cart." Then they can have the massive inventory problems and field the complaints about there being far too many choices in the "Platinum Age of Model Rocketry!"

FREE SHIPPING: Good news! We had mixed feelings about this one. Semroc has offered free shipping since 1968, but the costs have gone out of sight! So, we will take care of the shipping costs, IF you pick up your order. We will have your order ready with 24 hours as always, but you have to pick it up at the Bojangles parking lot at Knightdale each day (except Sunday) from 4:00 pm until 4:05 pm. Bruce will like this because it is closer than the Post Office and they have biscuits while he waits for you. If you don't like biscuits or don't want to make the drive, we can still ship it the regular way, but it will cost, since Bruce now has to go all the way to the Post Office!

FREE KITS! We are still "discussing" this. Don't say anything to get Sheryl upset right now since the talks are in a delicate stage!

Get your orders in now since this new, improved inventory system will take effect on April 1.

My side hurts now from all the laughing especially over these lines:

"We will have your order ready with 24 hours as always, but you have to pick it up at the Bojangles parking lot at Knightdale each day (except Sunday) from 4:00 pm until 4:05 pm. Bruce will like this because it is closer than the Post Office and they have biscuits while he waits for you. If you don't like biscuits or don't want to make the drive, we can still ship it the regular way, but it will cost, since Bruce now has to go all the way to the Post Office!"

Umm. Is it just me, because I just really don't understand.

Is this supposed to be an April Fools joke?

Yes, it was apparent about 1/3 of the way through. Nicely done.

I'll be ready to "pucker" tomorrow. All heck is gonna break loose....

What's not to understand, Semroc is closing up shop.

41 years of trying to get people interested in their products:rolleyes:. 41 years of waiting for kind words from all the:kill: BARS who are still too cheap to buy an Astro-1 or a Javelin:(. 41 years of stocking every conceivable balsa part ever made, just in case someone might need one:surprised:. 41 years of cutting body tubes in every length that was ever sold, because he knew we couldn't cut a straight line on a flat surface, let alone a curved one:eek:. 41 years of supplying clone and upscale clone kits to those who lament " I remember *** ******* ****, but couldn't afford it when I was seven":( .

41 YEARS IS ENOUGH AND I DON'T BLAME YOU ONE BIT !

Maybe if they had bought more, or said just a few kind words, it might have been worth sticking it out a few more years.

NOW they will miss you, and all you had to offer.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

41 years

Ok, now we need someone to drive out to Bojangles parking lot, wait for about 10 min, then call Carl and say "ok. Where the heck is Bruce?!!??!"

:D

OK, I'm a bit confused too, so let me ask...

If I put in for my 24 hour free kit order, does Bruce also bring me a free biscuit, or will it all go POSTAL with Sheryl?
AX'E

The heck with Bruce. Where's the "Biscuits"???:lol:
Ok, now we need someone to drive out to Bojangles parking lot, wait for about 10 min, then call Carl and say "ok. Where the heck is Bruce?!!??!"

I'm typing this from the Bojangles parking lot now. The people know Bruce and say he never gets here this early.

Something is fishy here. I think I'm going to have to roll up my ethernet cable and go home.

John

Back