AeroTech Information Release 8/1/06

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by tquigg
Gary, do you have the wrasp data list available for those of us who need to manually input the thrust curve in our older simualtion programs?

Best Regards
No, but I could provide an Excel spreadsheet with 400 data points/second.

Originally posted by garoq
No, but I could provide an Excel spreadsheet with 400 data points/second.

Do that and I would be happy to "rasp" it up for ya!

Originally posted by cjl
Wow - that is a MUCH more regressive burn, and a nice high spike to get things moving :D
BTW, if you want to keep the original G64 performance you could simply epoxy the grains back together before placing them in the liner. :D

And that would still count as a certified load?

Sweet!

Any other adhesives "approved"?

Rubber cement?

Goop?

Poli-Grip?

BTW, if you want to keep the original G64 performance you could simply epoxy the grains back together before placing them in the liner. :D

Isn't the propellant weight at least 2.5 grams less to keep each grain under 30 grams? How would you account for that then?

Originally posted by xenon
Isn't the propellant weight at least 2.5 grams less to keep each grain under 30 grams? How would you account for that then?
Actually the propellant weight of the G64 has always been just under 60 grams. The original numbers were a bit inaccurate, possibly due to minor errors in propellant density and volume measurement etc.

Originally posted by cjl
And that would still count as a certified load?

Sweet!
As long as it's something we recommend or endorse.

Actually the propellant weight of the G64 has always been just under 60 grams. The original numbers were a bit inaccurate, possibly due to minor errors in propellant density and volume measurement etc.

Cool

FYI the first batch of 2-grain G64s is being manufactured today and should be shipping by early next week.

And here is my version done by hand, sort of. I got 117.53 Newtons total impulse.

And here is the modified spreadsheet I created to get the rasp file. In case anyone was wondering how I did it.

Whats the chances of a piece of epoxy clogging the nozzle and causing a Cato. Would Aerotech/RCS warrenty cover that?

Originally posted by n3tjm
Whats the chances of a piece of epoxy clogging the nozzle and causing a Cato. Would Aerotech/RCS warrenty cover that?
I doubt that's likely. I'm talking about a bondline (like 0.01" or less), not a thick layer.

The bondline will burn away during the firing.

what about any other kind of glue? CA? Yellow glue?

I'm just curious. The first one I get will probably be taped together, as thats the easiest and if I screw it up, I can always take the tape off.

-Aaron

Originally posted by heada
what about any other kind of glue? CA? Yellow glue?

I'm just curious. The first one I get will probably be taped together, as thats the easiest and if I screw it up, I can always take the tape off.

-Aaron
5 minute epoxy would be my recommendation. Hold the grains together until it gels.

With a Tg of around 150 degrees or less, standard 5 minute epoxy should not be intact enough to clog the nozzle at several thousand degrees.

Latest posts

Back