Aerotech customer service...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stones

Reaction score
The thumbsup emoticon says it all.
I recently started building an Aerotech Astrobee D. While "dry fitting" the fins through the BT, into the finlocks, I came to discover the fin slots were misaligned so that they were not 90 degress from each other. Though I could fix the slots by widening them, I thought I'd give Aerotech a call and see if they'd help with the situation. What I got was a very polite woman (sorry, her name eludes me) who took my information and has a new lower BT on the way to my home, which should be here in about a week. That's the kind of customer service that keeps a smile on your face, in a world where too many times, "service" is less than desirable.
My personal thanks to the Aerotech staff for great service and I hope your company continues to prosper through these tough times.

I had an Aerotech Initiator turn into a lawn dart because of a faulty ejection delay. I emailed Aerotech asking to buy a nose cone, section of body tube and a coupler for repairs. They sent me a brand new Initiator kit instead. That's what I call good customer service.

But, beware if their motors cause damage to another vendor's or your own scratch-built rocket. They will replace the motor/casing but you are on your own for the rocket.

I know someone who has had 3 redline RMS motors rupture the casing. Aerotech has replaced the casing and motors each time, but will not offer to help make repairs to his rocket(s). All he wanted was $20 for parts and they wouldn't do it. They did however offer to send him a new Aerotech kit.

Bottom line -- they still have pretty good customer service.:)

Originally posted by bsexton
But, beware if their motors cause damage to another vendor's or your own scratch-built rocket. They will replace the motor/casing but you are on your own for the rocket.
<snip>
Bottom line -- they still have pretty good customer service.:)

I imagine somewhere down the paper trail of legal issues there is a clause in there that specifically states that they can cover any damages resulting in their product being used with other products of their line. ie - to replace *any* rocket that one of their motors destroys might imply that they are accepting liability for the performance of the rocket as well.

I like the bottom line part though. So long as people are still being treated like human beings, it's a plus in my book.

I agree. I lost the thrust ring for my Mustang during ejection. I asked how much to buy a replacement and they just sent one to me. My Mustang is definately my favorite rocket and I cant wait for the opportunity to launch again.

The other thing I really like is that Joe Burger visits various rocketry forums to help keep people informed as to what is going on with AT since the rebuilding. I appreciate that a lot, I love it that some manufacturers are in touch with the community like that. (Jim Flis is a guy like that too.) :)

Aw shucks. You are making me blush.

Seriously though, we do pride ourselves on the level of customer service that we provide. Some problems may take longer than others to rectify due to part availability, but we do get the problem solved as quickly as possible.

We want to keep you fine people up in the sky where you belong!

Latest posts

Back