Aerotech 38/1320 and spacers?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beezwax

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm if the AT 38/1080 reloads can be used in a 38/1320 case with spacers? I've not been able to find this info on the Aerotech webpage and I've only seen one comment on TRF where someone thought this was possible-- does anyone know with certainty if this can be done?

For the certain answer, I recommend emailing, Facebook messaging, or calling Aerotech. Then, share here and we will all know for certain!

Fair enough :) I just posted the question to their Facebook page and I'll copy any answer I receive here.

I agree with Dan on this; When in doubt consult the manufacturer!

What's the difference in length? I never owned the 38 mm x 1320...
I have a loaded J 570 that was intended for Red Glare.
(The motor was a replacement of one that blew by and destroyed my Magnum Twin about 10 years ago.)

JD

I just checked the dimensions, and it works out that two spacers in a 1320 case matches a 1080 case.

Judging by the schematics on the Aerotech website, the 1320 case is 3.75inches longer than the 1080 case. I wasn't sure how the spacing of the nine "normal" grains in a 1080 reload would match with the six XL grains of the 1320. But good news, a very prompt reply from Aerotech on their Facebook page: YES is the answer, with two spacers.

Has anybody done this with 1320 case ? , I'm tempted to get case for darkstar jr , son wants a rematch in a few weeks any 38 J load is fair game lol :)

Has anybody done this with 1320 case ? , I'm tempted to get case for darkstar jr , son wants a rematch in a few weeks any 38 J load is fair game lol :)

Yes I posted this thread before purchasing the hardware, but I've done it since then several times, works great. 1320 case with the two spacers and you're good to go for the 1080 reloads.

Back