Aerotech 38/1080 RMS W/ RAS

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbrracer

Reaction score
So I’ve found much conflicting information I’ve got a 38/1080 case, and the 38mm RAS can you or can you not use the RAS with the 1080?
Please don’t speculate just reply with experience.
Yes I’ve searched the forms.
yes I’ve seen apogees table on the RAS that indicates you Cannot. Although our very knowledgeable vendor that carry’s only AT seems surprised when I asked about it.
I'm pulling my hair out.
Also going to give a ring to AT tomorrow but I don’t know how far that will get me.

TIA JB

I just got a message from as good as source as your going to get. Yes you can technically use 3 spacers but it's not certified for 3 spacer use. Need to fly as reserach.

I just got a message from as good as source as your going to get. Yes you can technically use 3 spacers but it's not certified for 3 spacer use. Need to fly as reserach.

Your post put me right where I needed to be. This makes it cut in stone and no grey area. The RAS can’t be used with a 1080 case. ( like you said) rather than go the research motor route I’d probably be better off just picking up a 720 case. I don’t imagine many launches allow research motors. And flying them under that program seems like a project in itself.

I’m still green so feel free to indicate anything I’ve assumed wrong and don’t take my thoughts as facts.

Sorry forgot to post the table screen shot directly from the NAR site see below

Attachments

• 778915FC-A245-4241-87B8-E8C1F1D8D096.png
    778915FC-A245-4241-87B8-E8C1F1D8D096.png
    180.3 KB · Views: 32
Your post put me right where I needed to be. This makes it cut in stone and no grey area. The RAS can’t be used with a 1080 case. ( like you said) rather than go the research motor route I’d probably be better off just picking up a 720 case. I don’t imagine many launches allow research motors. And flying them under that program seems like a project in itself.

I’m still green so feel free to indicate anything I’ve assumed wrong and don’t take my thoughts as facts.
Tripoli has research launches all the time. You should be able to fly it. I would look at research rules I dont think it only covers propellant.

Tripoli has research launches all the time. You should be able to fly it. I would look at research rules I dont think it only covers propellant.
Skimming through the research resources on NAR seems to require an entry to a contest?

Gary is correct, NAR does not allow research motors.

Latest posts

Back