Aerotech 29/38 mm delay grain insulators.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ROCKETDAWG

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
The only vendor I can find for these insulators wants $14 for shipping. I'm not interested in spending $14.70 for 2 card board insulators. Any suggestions?

The only vendor I can find for these insulators wants $14 for shipping. I'm not interested in spending $14.70 for 2 card board insulators. Any suggestions?
Are you saying RCS is charging $14 shipping for two $0.35 items? I wouldn't do that either. I would wait until a found a vendor that carries them and could buy them on-site. In the meantime, I would just swap with other reloads to the ones I want to fly that day.

Are Estes 18mm motor tubes close? Or some of the fireworks places sell the thick wall tubing that might work.

Try asking an on-site dealer. Many of them have extra reload parts that we provide to them for customers. You can also call or email Jenn (in my sig) and ask if there is anything she can do if you are only ordering two insulators. Regardless, shipping is expensive and isn't getting any cheaper. We strive to break even in our shipping costs overall.

Roll them from paper box sealing tape. You need a 5/8" diameter rod to use as a mandrel. I roll all my casting tubes this way.
I have mandrels for 13 mm up to 54 mm motors. (I buy 75 and 98 mm casting tubes.) Cheap and with some practice easy.
Mandrels.jpg

Back