Advice on shockcords?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank for the idea worsaer but ebay UK doesn't list anything like it, it seems very hard to get items like this in the UK compared to the US.

Thanks JohnRE, I'll give them a try!.

Thanks Aaron.

NP Jennz, hope it works out. Have to say as I have only just got into LP rocketry I am finding it completely barking the amount of gear, availability and price in the US compared to the UK. Hey ho, we do what we can with what is to hand I suppose. I just got some Kevlar line for LP shock cords by buying speargun line from a UK dive center, is total overkill at around 1mm but does the job.

NP Jennz, hope it works out. Have to say as I have only just got into LP rocketry I am finding it completely barking the amount of gear, availability and price in the US compared to the UK. Hey ho, we do what we can with what is to hand I suppose. I just got some Kevlar line for LP shock cords by buying speargun line from a UK dive center, is total overkill at around 1mm but does the job.

We may have access to better supplies, but what we lack are fun euphemisms like "completely barking!"

Hi, I want to upgrade the shockcords on my rockets but I'm struggling to find any suppliers of either tubular Kevlar or tubular nylon in the uk. I've found this;

https://www.profabrics.co.uk/products/outdoor-/traditional-weave-20mm-/0001226.html

Would this be alright to use? If not can anybody recommend a company that can supply what I need.

Thanks Aaron.

I think that material would probably be fine. 20mm might be kind of wide for some rockets. 9/16" is about 14mm, and that is mostly what I have seen. It's nice if the material is very flexible, not stiff or hard to z-fold into a nice bundle.

:) Thanks ThirstyBarbarian, I'll have a look around and see what I can find :). I was thinking it might of been to wide to use, thanks for the advice it's much appreciated.

Thanks Spaceoddity for the link! I'll give that a look try aswell.

:) Thanks ThirstyBarbarian, I'll have a look around and see what I can find :). I was thinking it might of been to wide to use, thanks for the advice it's much appreciated.

Thanks Spaceoddity for the link! I'll give that a look try aswell.

I forgot about this before, but I think Onebadhawk ships to the UK. I've got two of his recovery harnesses, and they are fantastic. This is my favorite: https://www.Onebadhawk.com/916-tubular-nylon-w-kevlar-sleeve--2-loop.html It is tubular nylon but has a Kevlar sleeve to protect against the ejection charge. The material is great, and everything is pre-sewn for you with the proper stitching. Check out what he's got on his website, and if he can ship to the UK, you will not go wrong.

Ted @OnebadHawk is a legend. Nicest guy you'll ever deal with. I've bought loads of his chords and never and issue. Fact about too order more should anyone want a to join on shipping.

Ted @OnebadHawk is a legend. Nicest guy you'll ever deal with. I've bought loads of his chords and never and issue. Fact about too order more should anyone want a to join on shipping.

Hey guy's,,,
I'll tell ya right now that's a great idea....
You are on the money there Pete...... ( and thank you very much )...
I got together with 5 guy's from my club
and we put together a propellant order.........
The hazmat and shipping charges were so low split up 5 ways it was absurd.......

Teddy

Back