Accur8 skins/wraps

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RokitFlyr

NAR 77342 TRA 11061 L2
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the proper forum, but here goes.
Anyone printed the skins available on JimZ site? I have a couple of the originals. The vinyl is super thin. What have you printed them on and the results?

Thanks, Mark

I have had good luck printing mine on Avery 8 1/2 X 11 shipping labels. I spray them with a clear coat and let them dry overnight. I apply a coat of paint on the tubes and other surfaces before applying the wraps.
When I apply the wraps to the tubes, tail, and wings I wrap a plain piece of paper around the tubes and wings tape them tight, and leave them on for 24 hours to help the wraps glue to take a good hole.

I have been trying to find a set of the Accur8 PDF skins for a 1/100 scale Saturn 1b, but have had no luck. Hope JimZ downloads them soon.

I have had good luck printing mine on Avery 8 1/2 X 11 shipping labels. I spray them with a clear coat and let them dry overnight. I apply a coat of paint on the tubes and other surfaces before applying the wraps.
When I apply the wraps to the tubes, tail, and wings I wrap a plain piece of paper around the tubes and wings tape them tight, and leave them on for 24 hours to help the wraps glue to take a good hole.

I have been trying to find a set of the Accur8 PDF skins for a 1/100 scale Saturn 1b, but have had no luck. Hope JimZ downloads them soon.
Thanks.
Witch "DAWGS" are you referring too?

Back