a TARC dream becoming reality

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

rocketsonly

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2004
Messages
881
Reaction score
0
YES! My team is offcially registered for TARC! Team #3011. My dream is finally becoming reality.

Here's my story:
I first see the broadcast of the '02-'03 competition on CNN during 8th grade and ask my Science Olympiad coach the next day if he could form a team for me in the '03-'04 competition. Unfortunately he was not interested, and my intrest decreased a little once I found out the costs to fund a team.

About one year passes, and TARC '03-'04 is about to close. I have a conversation with my crew coach, also my science teacher, while he drives me down to the lake, and he mentions that Greenhill School is looking for a science competition available to the upper school students at my school. I instantly remember about TARC!

About a week later I head down to the Science Olympiad finals and mention to a different Olympiad coach about the competition.

TO BE CONTINUED... have to go to volleyball tournament.
 

AlexM

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2009
Messages
932
Reaction score
0
Wow, what a coincidence. Our team just got registered today to. #3009. I like all of these nice low numbers.:D
 

rocketsonly

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2004
Messages
881
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by rocketsonly
YES! My team is offcially registered for TARC! Team #3011. My dream is finally becoming reality.

Here's my story:
I first see the broadcast of the '02-'03 competition on CNN during 8th grade and ask my Science Olympiad coach the next day if he could form a team for me in the '03-'04 competition. Unfortunately he was not interested, and my intrest decreased a little once I found out the costs to fund a team.

About one year passes, and TARC '03-'04 is about to close. I have a conversation with my crew coach, also my science teacher, while he drives me down to the lake, and he mentions that Greenhill School is looking for a science competition available to the upper school students at my school. I instantly remember about TARC!

About a week later I head down to the Science Olympiad finals and mention to a different Olympiad coach about the competition.

TO BE CONTINUED... have to go to volleyball tournament.
... She felt pretty interested in the competition and offered to teach a class about, which definetly got me excited!

Then a little later, I talk with the head of the science department and she asks me to write a proposal for the rocketry class if I wanted one. I write one, and to my disbelief it goes through and everything looks perfect!

Summer starts and I gather a group of friends that I feel are very interested in the competition. We start simple by building a Baby Bertha, then a 4x 18mm cluster, then a D-D-C direct stage rocket. We notice the expensive costs we already run into and brainstorm different ideas of fundraising. After snooping around, we realize the great potential we have with custom services because of Marvin's dad's machinery (CNC router table and vinyl cutter). We then after start rocketguts.com!

School then starts and I find out the teacher who originally volunteered to teach the rocketry class drops it, which gets me pretty upset. I look around for another teacher to do it, but all were busy :( .

And now we're here! I'm SO excited about TARC this year and can't wait till start our rocket! Watch out for us! I've been promising everyone we'll get top 5... And I'll be sure to fulfill it!

Thanks to those who have already supported our project by buying goods through rocketguts.com Keep on buying! We need money to fuel this project!
 

DynaSoar

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2004
Messages
3,022
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by rocketsonly
... School then starts and I find out the teacher who originally volunteered to teach the rocketry class drops it, which gets me pretty upset. I look around for another teacher to do it, but all were busy :( .
If they found someone, would they let the class start?
 

rocketsonly

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2004
Messages
881
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by DynaSoar
If they found someone, would they let the class start?
Haha, are you wondering if you could teach it? That would be cool, but my school is pretty strict and miscellaneous rules and stuff.. I could ask around though.
 
Top