A Request to all TRF Folk

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stealth6

insert witty tagline here
Reaction score
Due to circumstances, I am being forced to step away from any real involvement with rockets for a while. I basically will have no time/space/money with which to indulge myself either in building or flying for an unforeseen amount of time. All my bits and tools and supplies are being put away in storage until further notice. I'm not looking forward to this, and I'm already jonesing to build/fly things - I've got a few ideas and partial builds that are all being put to rest for a while. Hopefully this downtime will be short, and I will soon again take to the skies.

I WILL however still be able to check in to the forum pretty regularly. Which is great on the one hand of course, but it actually makes things more difficult on the other. See, whenever I spend any time here, I get all kinds of great ideas and inspiration, and I usually find myself going to my bench to work on current projects immediately after, or planning my next launch, or sometimes just buying some more motors/parts/supplies/etc. Which of course is a problem if I'm not able to do these things. TRF is essentially a tease, which in my case will leave me "hot and bothered" with no satisfaction as it were.

Which brings me to my request:

Could you all - until further notice when I've got my stuff out of storage and a couple bucks in my pocket to buy reloads - please refrain from talking about rockets so much! Stop posting rocket stories, or showing rocket pictures, or discussing new rocket ideas, and all such rocket related stuff. Definately no build threads! Please don't post about upcoming events, or give reviews about ones you've just attended. Stop having really interesting conversations if the topic of those conversations involve rockets in any way. Tim - if you could cancel the upcoming Wildman Black Saturday I would appreciate it. And lastly, please do not offer any really good deals on rocket related items in the Yard Sale.

Thank you for your cooperation.

See you guys (hopefully) soon.
Clear, windless skies to you all, s6

Okay, no problem..We will just change to a new topic and start talking about birdhouses..:rofl:

I think that Kevin can set you up so that when you navigate to the site, all you see is a blank screen. ;) :dark:

Birdhouses.. sure with steep roof and a porch on each side and a 29mm hole in the bottom er side. No problem. I hope you get back soon.

-Z

Sorry to hear that real life has "gotten in the way" of you enjoying your rocketry hobby. Hope everything works out for you. And soon.

Clear skies!

No problem ... my last post was about accordions and bag pipes.

-- Roger

I'll be praying that your situation improves soon, and you'll be back to flying.

I haven't had a paycheck in 8 months but I've got a few old rockets that can probably still fly and I'll figure out how to buy a pack of Estes B's.

I use birdhouses at all my launches:
054.jpg

Well---Rats----I guess I won't do the Battlestar thread now. Whatever it is --get back soon HD

Make a little birdhouse in your soul....

[YOUTUBE]NhjSzjoU7OQ[/YOUTUBE]

Back