7X Upscale of Estes X-Ray - LAUNCHED! Perfect flight, recovery, onboard vids.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bzzh8c

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Today was LAUNCH day! The 7X Upscale X-Ray was complete, the K700 motor was loaded, and it was time to rock. I placed a regular X-Ray rocket in the payload in matching paint scheme and folks said it looked way cool.

Rocket flew awesome on a K700. Onboard video was really nice since the rocket barely turned twice on the way up.

Chutes out just fine, wiped the mud off the fins and it's ready to go again. Had a great time with this upscale!

Todd

Posing.jpg

Launch.jpg

Climbing.jpg

Apogee.jpg

Parachutes.jpg

Today was LAUNCH day! The 7X Upscale X-Ray was complete, the K700 motor was loaded, and it was time to rock. I placed a regular X-Ray rocket in the payload in matching paint scheme and folks said it looked way cool.

Rocket flew awesome on a K700. Onboard video was really nice since the rocket barely turned twice on the way up.

Chutes out just fine, wiped the mud off the fins and it's ready to go again. Had a great time with this upscale!

Todd

That second pic is KILLER!

WOW!!!
icon14.png

Congrats on a successful flight! Fantastic project, looks great, really fun. I love the 1X in the payload bay, fantastic touch. What was the final weight and do you have an altitude?

Ben

Rocket looks great!! The launch pic is so sweet. Gotta love the K700:)

Congrats on a successful flight! Fantastic project, looks great, really fun. I love the 1X in the payload bay, fantastic touch. What was the final weight and do you have an altitude?

Ben

Thanks Ben,

Liftoff was 32 lbs, apogee right around 4000 ft.
The onboard video shows those big G-10 fins fluttering like crazy at Max V, glad they stayed together!
I think that's about all the motor they can take.

Todd

Beautiful! I love the small one in the payload bay! Great job. Nothing like white lightning!!!

Excellent choice of upscale subject.
A vehicle with only two rotations in the video is further proof of quality of the build---and a joy to watch.

Will you be uploading the video ?

Excellent choice of upscale subject.
A vehicle with only two rotations in the video is further proof of quality of the build---and a joy to watch.

Will you be uploading the video ?
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sure thing! It's 1.3GB off the onboard, but I'll edit out about 20 seconds and put it up.

Do people prefer videos here or links to YouTube?

I prefer embedded YouTube because then I can choose.

We in the Michigan Team 1 Rocket club are fortunate enough to have Tom Kurecka who does some video production to our usual rocket videos. Here's his treatment for my 7X Upscale X-Ray rocket, launched Nov 4th. Multiple cameras, stills, slow motion pad cam, and music plus stills at the end?

What a royal treatment! Thanks Tom!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8idU-S7m6g&feature=youtu.be

Back