5.5" Nike Smoke

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heres where some of the epoxy bursted through the not-quite-dry fillets. I used epoxy clay to make little dams at either end of the root and poured un-thickened epoxy (I was out of Qcells) in there so I could sand it all smooth and nice...

I meant where the foam came through the fillets, not epoxy :eek:

And here is the only un affected fillet. Looks nice, doesent it? All the others looked this nice or nicer before the expanding foam... :( :( :( :( :(

Here is the Motor Mount Assembly, before I glued it in.

And here is the prettiest kitty in the whole world :D

(another picture in the batch with the N-S, and I liked it so much, I thought I would share :D My kittys a little fat, but shes still the smartesss.... Naw, I take that taht back... She just started trying to eat some builders foam I left out :rolleyes: If that cat throws up again I am gonna laaauuuughhhh...)

Wow, looks good! I have respect for you all that can actually build rockets fast. It takes me a LONG time to build anything, especially when school starts. Because, really, school IS tons more important....

Originally posted by Justin Horne
Wow, looks good!

yer just sayin that to make me feel better, aintcha? ;) :D Well, if your being honest or exagerating, its still apreciated either way :D. It is quite impressive sitting here, I must say... :D But theres a lot of gunk on the fillets where the sandpaper got clogged with epoxy clay, making it look ugly... Other than that, I am pretty happy with it, considering what happened to it early on... :rolleyes:

No, it does! Sure, you get to experience the joys of sanding, but it will be darn good...I love the Smoke nosecone...:)

Ah, yes, I forgot... The "joys" of sanding... A whole lot of epoxy somehow got UNDERNEATH the tape that I had to PREVENT epoxy from dripping onto the tube from drying the fillets, so I had a load of epoxy stuck to the tube... Whe whir of the palm sander could be heard for hours... :rolleyes:

Well, I couldent really call it fun, but it is satisfying in a way to fix it and make it look nice... :rolleyes:

Back