• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

4 North Coast Rocketry Estes Dark Star Motors

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phalanx

Reaction score
Hello! Sorry to come to this forum just to sell something but I think this is the only place I can. I have 3 motors that are F62-6 and 1 motor that is F62-4, Still in package, I hope the pictures worked. I don't know how much to ask for them, I have no idea what they are worth, I have had them for a long time. I have Paypal and am will ship them (some one tell me who I should do that through, I am assuming UPS or Fedex, Ill bet USPS would freak out). To boost my credibility I have a ebay account with a vary high rating and you can contact me through there to verify, Ebay name: Asylum.

So I don't know how to go about setting a price. I don't know if I can just ask for email offers and go from there? (there is the ebay seller in me)

Any advice on how to handle this correctly would be greatly appreciated.

I love rocketry, still have all my Estes and Centuri kits I build as a teen and have a built a few more over the years but just don't think I will use these.

Mike Z

IMG_0828.jpg

IMG_0830.jpg

IMG_0831.jpg

Mike, your biggest challenge will be getting them to whoever buys them -- without some gyrations with the Post Office, you cannot legally ship them....unless you know someone who's HAZMAT certified and can ship them UPS or FedEx, on your behalf.

Letting folks know where you're located might help potential buyers.

As far as fair price, since they're no longer in production.....I don't know. I'm sure someone here will have a rough figure.

-Kevin

Thanx Kevin for the advice,
Bellingham Washington, about 100 miles north of Seattle.
I knew years ago things got crazy shipping motors but didn't know it was that bad. "HAZMAT certified" I going to guess that even if I had some one with that the cost of shipping would be huge.

Thanx Kevin for the advice,
Bellingham Washington, about 100 miles north of Seattle.
I knew years ago things got crazy shipping motors but didn't know it was that bad. "HAZMAT certified" I going to guess that even if I had some one with that the cost of shipping would be huge.

Hazmat shipping is going to run 30.00 +/- a bit.
Look for a local club find someone willing to buy them and come get them.

Mike,

I am sort-of-local. I might be willing to travel. I also know a few folks in the area that might be interested.

- Rich

Fate? I just got a phone call from my daughter and it looks like she needs me to take her and her husband to Seatac Airport Friday Morning. So any one reading this in the Seattle area, perhaps something can be worked out to meet? Could meet as some well known location.

And I still don't know what a fair price is.

Well no reply to my PM, even though the OP has logged on at least twice since I sent it...I can only assume he is wanting more than my offer, which is fine. But you know Mike your original post didn't list an asking price and you stated that you had no sense of their value....I made an offer that I think is fair (on the basis of a completed sale I found for these same motors just last month) the courteous thing to do is at least send a reply, even if just to say "no thanks"....you know, to acknowledge that I've taken the time to answer your ad :wink: good luck with the sale bud.

Well no reply to my PM, even though the OP has logged on at least twice since I sent it...I can only assume he is wanting more than my offer, which is fine. But you know Mike your original post didn't list an asking price and you stated that you had no sense of their value....I made an offer that I think is fair (on the basis of a completed sale I found for these same motors just last month) the courteous thing to do is at least send a reply, even if just to say "no thanks"....you know, to acknowledge that I've taken the time to answer your ad :wink: good luck with the sale bud.

No offense was intended, I am not forum savvy, I had to google what a PM was, then could not figure out how to view them, until I got to my email. I avoid forums (any) if at all possible, what little experience I have had with them in the past was drama, drama, drama. I didn't know there was a proper response time to PM's, Its a little bit of an odd predicament, Who should I sell to? offers are pretty much the same amount, some to ship, some to pick up, so who do I choose? Would prefer not to ship, that changes the order of who to sell to, but feel I should go with first offer (being as they are all pretty much the same) but then that changes the order also, might sound bad but I guess I was waiting to see if a higher offer would come in and settle it for me (and a small part of me that I shut up was thinking, Hmmmm at that price maybe I should keep them and build a rocket and get 4 cool launches!!!, but I would never get around to it) but I see its time to make the hard call ;) will figure this out tonight and PM those involved. Sorry for any lack of courtesy or etiquette, it was unintended.

No offense was intended, I am not forum savvy, I had to google what a PM was, then could not figure out how to view them, until I got to my email. I avoid forums (any) if at all possible, what little experience I have had with them in the past was drama, drama, drama. I didn't know there was a proper response time to PM's, Its a little bit of an odd predicament, Who should I sell to? offers are pretty much the same amount, some to ship, some to pick up, so who do I choose? Would prefer not to ship, that changes the order of who to sell to, but feel I should go with first offer (being as they are all pretty much the same) but then that changes the order also, might sound bad but I guess I was waiting to see if a higher offer would come in and settle it for me (and a small part of me that I shut up was thinking, Hmmmm at that price maybe I should keep them and build a rocket and get 4 cool launches!!!, but I would never get around to it) but I see its time to make the hard call ;) will figure this out tonight and PM those involved. Sorry for any lack of courtesy or etiquette, it was unintended.

Well that got a quick reply :) No worries either way, I'm only moderately interested in these motors to begin with. But it did seem like you were intentiontionally ignoring my message-- you can see when someone is "online" here, and when not online you can also see when someone was last active here by viewing their public profile, so I knew you had been checking in. You also joined this forum only to make this sale so I knew you weren't busy posting in other threads, and it seemed especially odd that you would not reply since you stated that you were making the 200 mile round-trip to Seattle today, so time was of the essence and that opportunity has slipped away. But no big deal-- I vote that you keep them, build a rocket and fly them, you might really enjoy getting back into this hobby :)

EDIT: oops never mind, I guess you came to a decision as I was typing that...

EDIT #2 okay just read your PM, funny we are running in circles here, okay then I'll honor my original offer and contact you before I head north again :)

Last edited:
Back