4” Frenzy XL on M1850?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkovac

Reaction score
Does anyone have flight data from that rocket/motor combo? I am referring to the 4” diameter, 91” long fiberglass Madcow version with split fins.

I have the RocSim file from their site for this, and plugging that into Open Rocket with the M1850W, it shows 12,549' with a max velocity of 906MPH. OR tends to be a bit optimistic, but it at least gives you a ball park.

I have the RocSim file from their site for this, and plugging that into Open Rocket with the M1850W, it shows 12,549' with a max velocity of 906MPH. OR tends to be a bit optimistic, but it at least gives you a ball park.
Thank you. My Open Rocket and RasAero sims both show very close to that. Looking for actual flight results as a sanity check, since I’ve never flown this rocket/motor combo before.

So my apogee turned out to be 13,995. Considerably higher than what my sims said, but still well within the waiver. Thanks again for your valuable input.
That’s a big flight. Any pictures or video?

That’s a big flight. Any pictures or video?
No onboard video thanks to 4th consecutive Runcam failure. Switching back to Mobius 1440 for onboard.

Here is a launch video from a GoPro 10 shot at 1080/240 fps:

Iphone ground video shot by my daughter Jane:

Still photo by Doug Wade:

IMG_5824.jpeg

No onboard video thanks to 4th consecutive Runcam failure. Switching back to Mobius 1440 for onboard.

Here is a launch video from a GoPro 10 shot at 1080/240 fps:

Iphone ground video shot by my daughter Jane:

Still photo by Doug Wade:

View attachment 648479

Nice flight and nice launch site - Where was this flown?

Back