3in Nose Cone Ebay Just Added

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBoyson

Inverted Pursuits Lab
TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
We just launched our 3in Plastic Nose Cone Electronics Bay add on. This allows you to easily convert any LOC or PML Nose Cone into a nose cone with an electronics bay. Similar to our 4in design this one works great for dual deploy flight or simply adding a tracker to your rocket. More sizes to come!
https://inverted-pursuits-lab.square.site/product/plastic-nose-cone-electronics-bay/

PXL_20230909_222927473.jpg
PXL_20230909_222851698.jpg

Any idea how this fits on the Estes 3" Der Big Red Max nosecone? (# 072304)

If not; Could you do a version for that nosecone? With Amazon selling the DBRM kits for ~$21.95 for a long time, there are a ton of them out there being built into all kinds of things.

Can you post pictures that show the harness attachment setup.

What's the bottom look like on the threaded bulkhead?

Does it take eyebolts, u-bolts, or is the harness threaded through the bulkhead?

What's the bottom look like on the threaded bulkhead?

Does it take eyebolts, u-bolts, or is the harness threaded through the bulkhead?
Clearly described on the website...

"Sled base has location for 1/4-20 nut to slide in and a 1/4-20 Eye-bolt to be run through for shock cord mounting."

Also, the video shows the bottom.

I had the same question about harness attachment. Yes, it is described on the website after scrolling to the bottom of the page. I didn't watch all 22 minutes of the video (not hyperlinked, either). I just skimmed through it and didn't see anything about attaching a harness.

Friendly suggestion for the product page: A picture of the bottom with an eyebolt installed would clear up any questions.

I had the same question about harness attachment. Yes, it is described on the website after scrolling to the bottom of the page. I didn't watch all 22 minutes of the video (not hyperlinked, either). I just skimmed through it and didn't see anything about attaching a harness.

Friendly suggestion for the product page: A picture of the bottom with an eyebolt installed would clear up any questions.

Thank you Buckeye

There's a split second comment about the eyebolt and u-bolt in the first 2 minutes of the video.

You catch brief views of the bulkhead's bottom.

I didn't see an example of a bolt & harness attachment to the bulkhead.

Last edited:
Thnaks for the suggestions, I'll be adding the photos to the product listing here shortly, but for now here's the images.
PXL_20230918_223821605.jpg
PXL_20230918_223753487.jpg

Latest posts

Back