• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

38mm Minimum Diameter

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aksrockets

Now with 8% more aluminum
Reaction score
Some of you might remember my Machmobile 38 I built about a year ago here. It crashed and destroyed the booster. I recently rebuilt the booster, but a little nicer then the original one.

It's up for sale now to raise a little extra money for motors this flying season. Plus, someone can probably fly it better then I could.

This rocket features:

Paper tubes with 2 wraps of 6oz glass and 1 wrap of 4oz glass. The tubes are built to take the stresses of supersonic flight.

The fins are 1/16in G10, attached with Aeropoxy, and filleted with US composites and Microbaloons. They have a bevel on the leading edge.

The Nosecone is a LOC Plastic 1.5in Ogive.

The coupler is a Loc paper coupler, nothing special. It's not glued in yet so it can be easily replaced with a stronger one or an Altimeter Bay. The coupler has a FG bulkhead with about 10 feet of 750lb kevlar attached.

Painted orange and black for visibility.
DSC06241.jpg

Beautifully blended fillets. These are some of my best!
DSC06243.jpg
DSC06245.jpg

It's designed to take up to a 38/720 motor.

DSC06254.JPG

Asking price: $40 or trade for motors. Let me know what you have to trade!

It seems a bit high, but this rocket is VERY nicely finished. Nearly flawless. I sanded the paint with 1200 grit and clearcoated it, this leaves a VERY slick finish.

I'll be at LDRS and Hellfire this year so if you want to save money on shipping, you can pick it up!

Send me a PM if you're interested!

Alex

Back