• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

3" Minimum Diameter Booster

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prophecy

Reaction score
Years ago, I had lots of scrap .125" G-10 left over from a large project, and a 36" length of Hawk Mountain FWFG tube lying around. I realized that I hadn't been flying my 76/2400 and 3600 cases as much in favor of larger motors, so I decided to build a rocket with these cases specifically in mind for nice, gentle rides to 10-15k at East Coast fields. The fins are surface mounted with Pro-Set epoxy and filleted well, all that is necessary for the motors I had in mind. This could be a booster for a longer 3" motor if you stripped down the paint and did a layup. Painted with Lamborghini Orange paint. One of the fins has a few holes drilled in it, as the piece of scrap it's made from had these holes pre-existing. The holes are small, as seen in one picture, and won't affect the performance at all. Most have been filled with epoxy anyway, as shown. Never flown, just throw some electronics in a nosecone and you're good to go. The airframe alone cost $60, whole thing is yours for $50. [email protected] or PM here. Buyer pays shipping. Prefer PayPal payment, either send payment as a gift or add 3%, whichever you like.

IMG_20130601_150514_128.jpgIMG_20130601_150536_592.jpg

Back