29mm threaded closure?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric

Reaction score
Any one know of a certified 29mm forward closure the is threaded? I have seem the plain plugged closure.

But I'm looking for a recovery harness connection point.

Open to Aerotech or CTI options.

20180922_071400 (3).jpg Just wanted to note that the picture that CJ posted above is a 38mm closure. The OP's question was about a 29mm closure, which they dont make. If you do try and make one using CJ's method, you will find that the screw head and nut will stick out beyond the shoulder of the closure.So I tried it with some wire cable. Have not tried it out and dont know if I will either. I was wondering if anyone has just taken a regular closure and tapped and threaded it to take an eyebolt? That seems the best solution to me.

I have a 29mm forward closure with a washer filling the top of the delay well, then a small diameter screw protruding through the unmodified touch hole, then a nut inside the charge well. The threaded portion which sticks above the charge well can be mated to a corresponding bulkhead nut.

Back