29mm RMS Ejection Charge Problem

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yankee42

Reaction score
I recently started flying my 29mm reload case which i have had for a while. On its 2nd flight today, on a G71-7, the ejection charge did not fire. My LOC Weasel is now in pieces :(. When i cleaned the motor, i discovered that the delay had fired, but it had not ignited the ejection charge. Is this a common problem, or was it a mistake i made when i build the motor?

Was there grease between the delay and ejection charge? Did you make sure that most of the powder went through the hole in the well so that the charge and delay were in contact? Did you somehow spill the powder and not notice it?

Was there grease between the delay and ejection charge? Did you make sure that most of the powder went through the hole in the well so that the charge and delay were in contact? Did you somehow spill the powder and not notice it?
There may have been grease between the two, im still perfecting the 'art'. I just learned of putting the powder into the well before putting the cap on from a YORF post a second ago, so ill try that next launch. Thanks for the reply!

There may have been grease between the two, im still perfecting the 'art'. I just learned of putting the powder into the well before putting the cap on from a YORF post a second ago, so ill try that next launch. Thanks for the reply!

Not sure how you would do that. If you pour powder into the well, then invert the motor to snap it down into the cap, you're going to pour the powder out of the well anyway.

The use of the 29/40-120 case should be no different then the 24/40 when it comes to putting the powder charge in place. Just follow the instructions and shake it good to make sure the powder gets all the way down into the well, and keep the grease off the ends of the delay grain.

Back