29mm LMS

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbeckey

Reaction score
I did a search and found very few references to the AT 29mm Loadable Motor System. I am interested to know your experiences with it and your opinion if it was a good cost benefit.

I did a search and found very few references to the AT 29mm Loadable Motor System. I am interested to know your experiences with it and your opinion if it was a good cost benefit.

I have limited experience with LMS motors. I found them very easy to assemble and, unlike single-use motors, you can modify the delay. All of the ones I used worked well. But, I'm generally moving to using RMS motors to save a few dollars more on each flight.

-- Roger

I have used about a dozen of the LMS G77R and G79W engines and they have all worked great.

As the other posters noted, the RMS reloads are cheaper if you get a dozen or more flights from each case.

I have a 29/40-120 case. I also have rocket eating trees. Depending on wind, altitude, etc. I sometimes use SU motors. LMS is slightly cheaper, yes? If it works well, and I can save a couple bucks and not worry as much about the RETs, there are times when I might be tempted.

I blew up an F20 due to what i think was not enough epoxy in the forward closure.

Just make sure you've got all the components in place before gluing everything closed :surprised: .

Unlike an RMS, if you leave something out, the motor is trash :cry: .

Latest posts

Back